KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hit the 6oo marker today and called to make a appointment to have the service done, only to be told its gonna run me 270 bucks! Really KTM, what do they actually do, oil, tighten up some hardware, plug into KTM computer. I feel like its a slap in the face really, here is a bike that will only perform at half UNTIL you pay us some more to unlock the rest of the motor. Oh well, live and learn

·
Registered
108 Posts
I paid more than 270 and mine was in GBP, but mine included swapping the awful OE brake pads for Brembos. What a difference! Expensive first service but the bike is such a joy to ride, I don't care now. It won't do a huge amount of miles. My GS is for the long distance stuff. An annual service will sort the bike and keep me smiling. Job done.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just paid £220 for an annual service oil and filter over here. They do have large overheads and you're paying for the diagnostics and software updates.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine was 18mth old at 3000miles so I needed a service to keep the warranty going, as the 1st service was done at 6mths.
Cost me just over £200 but that included a brake fluid change and a QS recalibration. I changed the front pads to EBC HH and the bike rocks now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well I hit the 6oo marker today and called to make a appointment to have the service done, only to be told its gonna run me 270 bucks! Really KTM, what do they actually do, oil, tighten up some hardware, plug into KTM computer. I feel like its a slap in the face really, here is a bike that will only perform at half UNTIL you pay us some more to unlock the rest of the motor. Oh well, live and learn
Paid 300 bucks for mine I just wanted them to go over all the bolts and everything I guess it was worth it beings is the next service isn't for quite a while 9300 miles I think. I guess other than normal maintenance

·
Registered
200 Posts
I did the oil change and misc inspection items myself then paid $50 of shop time to have the bike hooked up for the ECU check and the QS calibration performed. My dealer will do ECU updates fee of charge if you leave the bike or are willing to wait around.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did the oil change and misc inspection items myself then paid $50 of shop time to have the bike hooked up for the ECU check and the QS calibration performed. My dealer will do ECU updates fee of charge if you leave the bike or are willing to wait around.
I see the AMERICAN FLAG but which state are ya in? I'm in southern Cal

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
534 Posts
Just did mine last week. Total cost was oil and a filter.

I do all my own work. Don't trust the maintnoids at the local shop.

Nobody will treat your bike with TLC like you will.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just did mine last week. Total cost was oil and a filter.

I do all my own work. Don't trust the maintnoids at the local shop.

Nobody will treat your bike with TLC like you will.
Just keep in mind that a pretty key part of your sched maint is the re-calibration of the QS, which you've got to have done by the dealer w/ the bike connected to the computer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I found a shop much closer than my dealership and the guy has great reviews. Amazon wants:cool: 160.00 bucks for oil and filters and this guy charged me 202 bucks. Did everything that the bike needed and I was out in just over and hour. If your anywhere near glendALE! go by Adv Moto Tech, 420 broadway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So I found a shop much closer than my dealership and the guy has great reviews. Amazon wants:cool: 160.00 bucks for oil and filters and this guy charged me 202 bucks. Did everything that the bike needed and I was out in just over and hour. If your anywhere near glendALE! go by Adv Moto Tech, 420 broadway.
Does your independent mechanic have access to the factory diagnostic & ECU update system? If so, that's an awesome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does your independent mechanic have access to the factory diagnostic & ECU update system? If so, that's an awesome.
Yes as he is a authorized KTM mechanic, This guys got perfect reviews anywhere I look and I can see why. Straight forward and no BS. He quoted me 210 and when the total was over that he threw in a discount and dropped it to $202 bucks! Worth a look. BRAAAAP!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts