KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I’m interested in retaining my front turn signal lights but shortening their plastic mounts -so that they are shorter in appearance.
Anyone know of a shorter plastic mount for the signal lights? Or any other option to make that work out...?

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.
I’m interested in retaining my front turn signal lights but shortening their plastic mounts -so that they are shorter in appearance.
Anyone know of a shorter plastic mount for the signal lights? Or any other option to make that work out...?

Thanks
Sam
You can delete the front turn signal mount post extensions. You need the following (QTY: 1 per light):

P/N: 0433100003 WASHER 18x10,5x1,6
P/N: 0797100003 LOCK WASHER DIN6797-J10,5 ZI
P/N: 58414030000 HH COLLAR NUT M10X1,25 WS=13

There's a picture in this post: https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/14792-post82.html

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Hi.

Thanks
Sam

Sam, Take a look through some of my posts. I think one of them with the windscreen install and the front blinkers has the info in it. If you are NOT replacing the blinkers, like Catman said, you can shorten the plastic extension by removing it. You will need to take the headlight off, remove the casing cover, and then you have access to the bolts for the blinkers. The screw for the blinker is very odd as it is a shank with threads at the end. You will find that once you remove the plastic and try to fit it back together, the right side (looking at the front of the bike) will not work since the bolt hits the wiring harness. I used a new bolt shorter in length (purchased from HD) and some new nuts and washers. I think you want a hybrid write up between mine and Catman's.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just did this mod today. I used a pair of M10 x 1.25 flanged nuts from the hardware store with a little loctite. Looks so much better.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts