KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
Natural progression...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Registered
Thanks for sharing! Awesome scenery!
Music makes me want to ride the Vespa and follow the Dilly wagon.
My wife has a 390, she really is comfortable on the 890R. 390 is a nice bike till you need to put on a few miles.

Registered
2020 KTM 890 DUKE R
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing! Awesome scenery!
Music makes me want to ride the Vespa and follow the Dilly wagon.
My wife has a 390, she really is comfortable on the 890R. 390 is a nice bike till you need to put on a few miles.
Hahaha yes everyone needs a Vespa in their life, so much fun and great for city riding.
Oh nice the 390 is a good bike, my mate loved his and did long trips on it.He also was very quick on it too!
I think the 790 DUKES and 890 are way more comfy and nice having extra power on tap for overtaking etc.We have done short tours on our 790 DUKES sometimes over 700kms( 430 miles) a day.
The standard 890 DUKE has a better riding position for me than my 890 DUKE R, I fixed some of this by installing the 790/890 standard handlebars.
All the best breubo!

Registered
Awesome!
Despite the issues with my 790, I still maintain it's the best ride I've ever owned or tried out.
Even though mine is going back to the factory, I'm staying with Dukes.
Donkey's years ago, I badly wanted a Monster, but ended up with an SV which I lived on for 14 years, the poor man's version being more than good enough while I soon grew out of the Ducati wannabe phase :p

Registered
2020 KTM 890 DUKE R
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome!
Despite the issues with my 790, I still maintain it's the best ride I've ever owned or tried out.
Even though mine is going back to the factory, I'm staying with Dukes.
Donkey's years ago, I badly wanted a Monster, but ended up with an SV which I lived on for 14 years, the poor man's version being more than good enough while I soon grew out of the Ducati wannabe phase :p
Hey Essie that's a shame about your 790 DUKE, mine had heaps of issues but all were fixed, it also helped having a good KTM dealer.I'm glad I didn't buy a Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha as my local dealer closed down !! Very bad dealership.
I looked at all the other choices again and couldn't find anything to get me off my DUKE, apart from a New 2020 890 DUKE R discounted stock which ends up being a very good deal.
My GF 2019 790 DUKE only had the front sprocket seal and a radiator hose clamp replaced after 15000kms.My GF actually owned a SV650 back in the day and didn't get along with it and got a 2000 R-6.
Now we would both say the 790/890 DUKE are one of our favourite bikes we have ever owned !
I hope KTM look after you and it all goes well.;)

Registered
Hey Essie that's a shame about your 790 DUKE, mine had heaps of issues but all were fixed, it also helped having a good KTM dealer.I'm glad I didn't buy a Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha as my local dealer closed down !! Very bad dealership.
I looked at all the other choices again and couldn't find anything to get me off my DUKE, apart from a New 2020 890 DUKE R discounted stock which ends up being a very good deal.
My GF 2019 790 DUKE only had the front sprocket seal and a radiator hose clamp replaced after 15000kms.My GF actually owned a SV650 back in the day and didn't get along with it and got a 2000 R-6.
Now we would both say the 790/890 DUKE are one of our favourite bikes we have ever owned !
I hope KTM look after you and it all goes well.;)
Yup, no matter how good or bad a bike is, if the dealer is not on board, it's a real hassle either way. Our dealer has been better since KTM actually came on board, but it took a lot of their BS, plus a LOT of tongue biting to get to that point. I figured that chucking a razz and burning bridges was not in our interests, and it seems to have paid off in terms of a direct route to KTMA, and not having to travel an hour to the next nearest dealer, which is also the same mob, so...
Our main Jap bike dealer has had a lot of good things said about them, so would be happy to give them a go if I was pushed to an MT09, which I would go to if I can't get an 890 (not R) in exchange.
I'm not after the bells and whistles and not interested in the tech pack, so the 890 is all I need.

As for the SVs, I can't speak to anything beyond the gen 2 models, but after getting off my K6 (S model)to the 790, my whole physical life changed for the better. I'd aged considerably over those years, so the Duke was amazingly comfy by comparison, but what I do miss most dearly since is the faithful reliability of that old Suzuki. On the other hand, a good fang in the twisties is better without all the clipon pain :D

Registered
2020 KTM 890 DUKE R
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, no matter how good or bad a bike is, if the dealer is not on board, it's a real hassle either way. Our dealer has been better since KTM actually came on board, but it took a lot of their BS, plus a LOT of tongue biting to get to that point. I figured that chucking a razz and burning bridges was not in our interests, and it seems to have paid off in terms of a direct route to KTMA, and not having to travel an hour to the next nearest dealer, which is also the same mob, so...
Our main Jap bike dealer has had a lot of good things said about them, so would be happy to give them a go if I was pushed to an MT09, which I would go to if I can't get an 890 (not R) in exchange.
I'm not after the bells and whistles and not interested in the tech pack, so the 890 is all I need.

As for the SVs, I can't speak to anything beyond the gen 2 models, but after getting off my K6 (S model)to the 790, my whole physical life changed for the better. I'd aged considerably over those years, so the Duke was amazingly comfy by comparison, but what I do miss most dearly since is the faithful reliability of that old Suzuki. On the other hand, a good fang in the twisties is better without all the clipon pain :D
Yer I have had a few Suzuki's 1 RGV 250 M model I blew the motor lmao destroyed one cylinder I was 2-up and still managed to limb home another 100kms that was an interesting day out.:ROFLMAO:
I hope you get the 890 Duke I test rode the New Ducati Monster (937) and the 890 Duke standard back to back on the same day on the same twisty roads.The Ducati was an improvement but still I preferred the 890 DUKE it was very easy to ride and even the Ducati salesman agreed.The Monster was actually more aggressive and harder to ride slowly, still fun in the twisties though.:)
It's a long way for me to get a MT09 didn't bother testing the New one but I have tested the older model, my mate owns one.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
One test ride on a Duke and you are ruined. Ruined in the sense that nothing else will do.

I had been following and admiring the Duke since it first came out. Finally got a chance to ride one in the Fall of 2020.

After the 15 minute ride, actually the first 2 miles, I knew I had to have one. 2 days later I was an owner of a new 2020 790.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts