KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, I haven’t jumped ship. I didn’t even bring the 890 all the way home. We’ve got some good stuff in the works.
I’m glad you didn’t jump ship! I think a well set up 790 with suspension and ECU is plenty fun! I rode my buddies 890 he just purchased and I actually liked my set up 790 better. He thought my Ohlins felt better and that my bike felt lighter. Of course the 890 power is awesome, but if you just keep the throttle pinned on a 790 it’s plenty fast for canyon work!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The fastest guys in the canyons aren't doing it with HP.

They use the brakes sparingly and try to maintain as much corner speed as they can. No reason a 790 with well set up suspension can't hang with an 890, given equal rider skills.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That’s my point exactly! When I road raced a Yamaha TZ250 in the late 80s and early 90s I beat all the big 4 strokes in Formula 1 with way more horse power than my 250. It’s not the bike it’s the rider! In my opinion if you love your 790 and have spent a lot of money settling it up, enjoy it and buy an 890 when your 790 is worn out and tired. That’s my plan!😁

21 - 24 of 24 Posts