KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
If you did, and that's a big IF, oh boy I hope you enjoy the taste of Crow!

:p

Oh, and for posterity:

pookguy88 said:
@EvansB2 are you going to upgrade to the 890?
No, as nice as it appears to be, the 890 can’t replace my 790. I’ve gotten as close as I can with my mods, and in the process, I’ve built a relationship with it. I will be keeping this bike for years, I think.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
We getting trolled?
I can't help but think that too but ya never know!

BTW - Evans - when can we see a damn DYNO graph dude - get on that!!!!! :p

motorcycle.com exclusive - views would be through the roof - especially if you scoop Rottweiler who's supposed to have one done anytime now.

:)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Whilst I do realise it is an Apples vs Oranges thing. It would be interesting to see how a Stock 890 (no extras) fares against a Stock 790 (which comes with them) - But also against a fuelling-modified 790.

Yes I know there will be fuelling modified 890's too - And 890's with extras.

Things like riding position are immaterial to me - they are easily adjustable. The brakes thing - yup that matters - but so imo does the quickshifter and moreover the engine.

@EvansB2 - PLEASE - is the 890 front disk carrier aluminium or steel?

'tis really pretty in white - Shame the rear hump isn't.
Orange frame and wheels - Better in than shot then KTM web.
But I still dislike the DARK tank and seat rails.

Sadly what I'd really like to try probably wont ever exist. A 790/890A with 17" road wheels.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Sadly what I'd really like to try probably wont ever exist. A 790/890A with 17" road wheels.
Would you care to elaborate? No sure I got this one.

And... There is always the next thing. More power, better handling, lighter weight... It never ends. that's the nature of the industry and of technology in general. If we always wait for next year's model, we will never ride, drive, use a phone, watch TV...

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
Would you care to elaborate? No sure I got this one.

And... There is always the next thing. More power, better handling, lighter weight... It never ends. that's the nature of the industry and of technology in general. If we always wait for next year's model, we will never ride, drive, use a phone, watch TV...
I believe he means a 790/890 ADV but with 17" wheels not the 19" that comes standard on the ADV bikes - essentially he wants the KTM 990 SMT.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
Looking forward to the read..
Motojournalism has to be a VERY tough gig.

I know for the past 25 years I idolized guys like Andrew Trevitt, Nick Ienatch, Peter Egan, Don Canet, Brian Catterson, Kent Kunistsugu, John Burns, Kevin Cameron, and recently the Ari/Zack duo.

I just don't know how you pit any two similar bikes against each other year in and year out and make it fresh, intriguing, and informational - then oh yeah, it has to catch and keep our attention spans which are like the life cycle of a fruit fly these days.

However, I trust EB and team will put together a great comparo and satisfy the info junkies like myself as well as the casual viewer who just really wants to know where he/she is sending his/her cash (or govt provided covid bailout funds) - Mattighofen, Austria or Hinkley, UK. *

* - headquarters only, not where the bikes are necessarily built - cough, Thailand, cough...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts