KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶. Was out for a nice peaceful night ride and hit a massive rock that was hidden im a dip in the road. Fucked up my rim and my brand new road 5 with 200km on it.

Registered
That must have been one hell of a rock!. Bent a rim on the car about 18 months ago - sadly NOT repairable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That must have been one hell of a rock!. Bent a rim on the car about 18 months ago - sadly NOT repairable.
Mine also cannot be repaired 馃槶. Damage is way worse when in daylight. Cracked and bent. Hopefully i can find a used one

Registered
Same thing happened to me a few years back on an Aprilia Tuono. Front had a chip taken out, but the back was the same as yours. Managed to get a wheel from flebay and had it sprayed.

Super Moderator
Rode about 800 miles over the last few day. Mostly in the NC/VA/TN mountains. On one of the rides our lead bike, a Panigale, hit a rock. He continued riding. When he stopped at the end of the day and went to clean the bike/rims he found that the front was missing a 2" piece. Interestingly enough, the bead was still sealing against the rim and he lost no air. Naturally, he did not continue riding and will have to replace the rim.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rode about 800 miles over the last few day. Mostly in the NC/VA/TN mountains. On one of the rides our lead bike, a Panigale, hit a rock. He continued riding. When he stopped at the end of the day and went to clean the bike/rims he found that the front was missing a 2" piece. Interestingly enough, the bead was still sealing against the rim and he lost no air. Naturally, he did not continue riding and will have to replace the rim.
Damn. Guess its slightly more common than I thought

Super Moderator
It happens, for sure. As long as it ended with something that money can fix, you are probably fine.

Super Moderator
I asked and he sent me the pic...

attachment (2).jpeg

Reactions: Wiremanjon

Super Moderator
Nasty. Glad you are OK.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts