KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi theron
welcome to the forum
I too had a coolent leak onto one of my o2 sensors, it was a loose pipe on top of thermostat housing you might want to see if you can tighten this yourself if your not near a dealer.
in my experience the quick shifter likes positive changes not gentle ones
Did you fix it yourself or you had to go to the dealer ?
My dealer is local so I dont mind going there but I dont have time recently. I will try to do it myself. Thanks for your comment.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did you fix it yourself or you had to go to the dealer ?
My dealer is local so I dont mind going there but I dont have time recently. I will try to do it myself. Thanks for your comment.
dealer fixed it as it was fiddly to get to and I needed to pop along anyway
DIY would probably take 2 hours

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought it might be interesting to see who has been putting a lot of miles/kilometers onto their new 790
Has anyone done more than 10000 kilometers/6250 miles?
How has the bike stood up to this?

Mine has almost 4000 miles showing and it will not be doing much <1000 miles over the next 4 months
when you realise most bikes do less than 3000 miles a year they are saying they do not trust their quality beyond 6000 miles.....really!
but I suppose we are to blame, we buy them and they get away with it.
l’ve never ridden with anyone who does only 3000 miles/year ?? Except riders who are quitting riding l suppose. I average 15-20,000 km per year and l don’t commute anymore. I am lucky that there is no real winter where l live, Cheers

·
a d m i n .
151,084 Posts
l’ve never ridden with anyone who does only 3000 miles/year ?? Except riders who are quitting riding l suppose. I average 15-20,000 km per year and l don’t commute anymore. I am lucky that there is no real winter where l live, Cheers
Unfortunately, the fella you replied to, hasn't been on in quite a long time..

If this bike quits right after the warranty, I'm going back to the Grom.
That's the spirit! 🤓

·
Registered
5 Posts
So what kind of mileage have you done on your 790?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have almost 13000 miles on my 2019 Duke. Bought it last October. 4 sets of tires, 2 sets of brake pads, 1 battery. I have had a couple small problems, coolant leak (factory tech didn’t tighten the hose properly during service) battery died 6 months in. My daughter turned 16 last year, so I lost my car and the Duke has been my main transportation.:):)

·
Registered
64 Posts
So what kind of mileage have you done on your 790?
So far just under 13,000 km since last September. My rides mostly 100 - 250 each. Happily retired for last 18 mths. Aussies who live outside the major cities often have easy access to good roads though our roads not as well maintained as those in densely populated countries. Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m at around 13 k as well ,but have other motorcycles to share the love with so I spread the k around.
have the leaky CS at around 500 k but nothing else as far as trouble . Did replace the crap chain and drop a tooth on the front.
mods are Andreani fork internals,Ohlins shock , Alipovich exhaust, PCV with tuning,and Double H pads and the bike is now a sweet ride.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts