KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while whilst training for my full license, passed yesterday so thought I'd drop in!

I'm Mark, I live in London UK. Does anyone know how to change username? I signed in with Google and it used my full name automatically.

Have been riding a Duke 125 on a CBT for about 6 months, looking to upgrade to 790 Duke, hopefully putting order in this weekend. Have a few questions so will post in the relevant boards!

Speak soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey marky, I've just done the same as you. I had a duke 125 for two years, did my full license late last year and picked up a 2019 790 in the January sales. It's a great bike, feels just like the 125 duke but more muscular. It's also very easy to ride, you won't need to wring it's neck all the time like in the baby duke, and it shouldn't be too overwhelming.

Hope you enjoy it mate, I'm located in N.Londin too so maybe I'll see you at the Ace cafe or bike shed at some point 👍

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey marky, I've just done the same as you. I had a duke 125 for two years, did my full license late last year and picked up a 2019 790 in the January sales. It's a great bike, feels just like the 125 duke but more muscular. It's also very easy to ride, you won't need to wring it's neck all the time like in the baby duke, and it shouldn't be too overwhelming.

Hope you enjoy it mate, I'm located in N.Londin too so maybe I'll see you at the Ace cafe or bike shed at some point 👍
Nice! Yeah definitely, would love to. I'm really happy you said that about the 125/790 - that's what I was hoping for!

Also, which dealer did you go to? I picked mine up at the KTM center in Hemel Hempstead
InMoto in Croydon, 15-20 mins from my house so nice and easy.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Finally picked her up yesterday! Did 25 miles before I got too cold, heading out for a loop to Box Hill and back this morning. Absolutely love this bike. It's incredible! I was grinning and laughing the whole way back from the dealer.
Careful. It's a huge step up - ten fold power boost. I did the same sort of thing back in 1980. Though we did not have to wait the 2 years back then. Passed test - and bought a 850 Moto-Guzzi T3.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Careful. It's a huge step up - ten fold power boost. I did the same sort of thing back in 1980. Though we did not have to wait the 2 years back then. Passed test - and bought a 850 Moto-Guzzi T3.
Thanks - just got in. Ended up out for 5 hours as I just couldn't get enough of it! Was on rain mode most of the time, getting used to it, street for the last hour or so. Definitely very different in terms of power but still super easy to ride. Don't worry I will take it easy :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eyyyy nice one man, I'm glad you were able to pick your bike up before the lockdown started in full. It's sick you're enjoying it, looking forward to leaving the house in a few weeks in the warmer weather and getting on it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eyyyy nice one man, I'm glad you were able to pick your bike up before the lockdown started in full. It's sick you're enjoying it, looking forward to leaving the house in a few weeks in the warmer weather and getting on it!
Thanks! I have to take it to the dealer tomorrow though as the brake light is dodgy. Hopefully don't get yanked by the law :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts