KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just got a 790 in India. I have not even ridden the bike yet, since I am in the process of moving back from US to India. I have owned several bikes in the US, such as Aprilia Tuono, Speed Triple, 600RR and DRZ440SM. Dirt bikes like KTM300XCW, KX450F, DR650 etc.

Previously in India was mostly into 2 strokes, RD350s, RZ350s etc. Also had a Husqvarna SM610 which is a rare bike in India. Currently custom building a TZR-RZ 390cc 2 stroke for track riding.

Sportsbikes for the track and naked for the street was always my thought process.

Picked up the perfect middleweight for India to do some street and track riding. Not much in terms of mods but some engine protection, Brembo brakes, Andreani front and a Nitron rear.

Looking forward to a great ownership time here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

@J D hoping that stroker will be the ultimate track tool.

@barbagris Am from Bangalore. Down southern part of India.

@PtitPoucet Nice, I also hope to ride BIC someday. Do you have a youtube channel? What have you don't to the 790 for track worthiness.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Lots of guys recently picked up the 790 in Bangalore. We had a Hugh discounts on the bike because of new emissions from April 1st.

Nice to know. It's the IT capital of India.

Registered
Lots of guys recently picked up the 790 in Bangalore. We had a Hugh discounts on the bike because of new emissions from April 1st.
Nice to know. It's the IT capital of India.
I HOPE (COVID permitting) to be over for a visit sometime whilst my niece is there. She's a chemical engineer. And I can't see anybody offering me a job now!.

Registered
Thanks guys.

@PtitPoucet Nice, I also hope to ride BIC someday. Do you have a youtube channel? What have you don't to the 790 for track worthiness.
First the tires, better to go with trusted rubber (Pirelli in that case), then the brakes need some bite.
You can go easy way with EBC pads, I went the extra mile with PP Wave discs. Also a radiator guard (you know our roads...), and removed the rear pegs&seat, I ride alone ;)

When the world re-open, BIC get cleared, and track days are on, give me a shout !

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah will surely change tyres. Have a brembo rcs 19 plus will get hh pads. Good you reminded about radiator guard. Almost forgot about that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Theoretically yes. It's part of regulation. No one's gonna ride the bike in a sari 馃槀

1 - 17 of 17 Posts