KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick intro: Chris from just outside Madrid. I'm a Brit but have lived most of my life elsewhere.

My major mount was/is a modified 2009 Triumph R3 but I can feel age creeping up on me; so wanted something smaller & lighter; though faster than my old Granny Guzzi which I've had since 1982.

Found a low mileage second hand Black 790D close to home and after some negotiating - she joined the others a week ago. tbh The price was a major incentive. Less than a year old and the best part of 25% off list. 2500kms on the clock.

I'm sure I'm going to be asking for advice as finding anywhere with stock parts to see before buying is close to impossible.

I am a bit of a "Wolf in sheep's clothing" sort of person. So little bling.

Some mod's already - Grip Puppies and a Sidestand foot. But off to see a local dealer today to get a screen and some protection ordered. And want to get a proper dealer service in so they can fix an odd niggle or two - like the dash clock (date/time) not working.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Chris
Welcome from a fellow Brit in SW France actually just North of the Pyrénées.
Like you I recently got myself a year old bike with a couple thousand on the clock and a good saving on new.👍
It’s a good idea to get to know the bike a bit first and this forum is mega for info to help you with that. 😉
Just had my annual service yesterday and glad to say all is good, just a couple of rear flank stickers detaching themselves that hopefully will be replaced under the warranty.
All the best
Booney

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Welcome.

Just visited this beautiful country with its many racetracks (didn't ride, just making a point). Was staying just out of Valencia, with 4 of the MotoGP tracks minutes to a few hours away (Valencia, Barcelona, Jerez and Aragon).

·
A d m i n .
151,125 Posts
Welcome.

Just visited this beautiful country with its many racetracks (didn't ride, just making a point). Was staying just out of Valencia, with 4 of the MotoGP tracks minutes to a few hours away (Valencia, Barcelona, Jerez and Aragon).
Valencia is beautiful. A group of friends, (while living in Madrid), stayed 4 nights in Alicante, amazing place, the best seafood Paella I've ever had.. :grin:

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Spent some time in Castellon, just a little north of Valencia. Same region, same Paella... The Jamon and Cheese plates are not bad, as well.

Back in burger-land now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very happy you're here, Chris! Love to see some on-board mountain riding footage in Spain.
If you tap in YTube European Multistrada meeting you’ll find loads of vids with on board footage of mainly Spanish/French Pyrénées/Alps. Tbh most if it’s pretty boring - unless you were there of course!
Hoping to pop over and scrub the new Power RS’s in on the N260 next week :wink:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very happy you're here, Chris! Love to see some on-board mountain riding footage in Spain.
Well this is NOT me - but it is part of my daily commute - I work in Robledo. Well - I say work, but.....

Turn the sound down as it's rotten sound.

For anybody that wants to do interesting 2 wheel vids - http://microgimbal.es

Would have improved the Fillmore-Pikes Video by no small margin.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Valencia is beautiful.
I should have been there now :sad:. We have friends there and my missus has popped down alone for the week. Just could not get away.

Though the roads are better here. Near our friends - you'd need something like an RE Himalayan.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would be a sweet commute!! Wish mine was like that!!
Man I wish I had a camera to show you more. I don't usually work on Thursday, but had a call and decided to go in and take the 790. Was a quick fix and after I went cross country for a run. tbh some of the roads would best be tackled on something even smaller - But I smiled non-stop for 100miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts