KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.....
I have a 2019 orange (obviously faster) 790 Duke which I purchased just before xmas 2020.
I didn't get a chance to get out on it until late March due to being a fair weather rider and it raining non stop but now I've put a few miles under its tyres.
I've added a few extras and had a few very minor issues which I've resolved with the help of this forum..

Cheers!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome! I'm down in SW London and also new to the forum. May just see you around town. Which extras did you add and what minor issues have you fixed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi J-790_Duke,

Mine came with heated grips, I don't know how I managed without those before!, and the PP usb socket which never worked properly so I've replaced it with an Optimate one.
I've added a J-Tech tail tidy, SP Connect phone holder, subtle rim stickers, evotech front wheel crash bungs and paddock stand bobbins. Also a screen protector. I probably won't change the mirrors or exhaust, I'm quite happy with the stock ones for now.

I've had the immobiliser failure issue which has happened once. The battery was low, I charged it up and it hasn't happened again.
Engine revving and cutting out on start up. This has happened once, I've no idea why but it's not uncommon to 790s.
A small coolant leak from the hose on the thermostat. Easy fix to tighten the clamp.
The screws on the front brake reservoir not being 100% tight causing white spots on the dash from a tiny brake fluid leak.

I found the ride a bit harsh. I've taken a couple of clicks off the rear rebound, so it's on setting 3 out of 10, and find it's so much better with no downside...for me..

All little things. I'd recommend going all around the bike once to check the fastenings.

All the best.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi J-790_Duke,

Mine came with heated grips, I don't know how I managed without those before!, and the PP usb socket which never worked properly so I've replaced it with an Optimate one.
I've added a J-Tech tail tidy, SP Connect phone holder, subtle rim stickers, evotech front wheel crash bungs and paddock stand bobbins. Also a screen protector. I probably won't change the mirrors or exhaust, I'm quite happy with the stock ones for now.

I've had the immobiliser failure issue which has happened once. The battery was low, I charged it up and it hasn't happened again.
Engine revving and cutting out on start up. This has happened once, I've no idea why but it's not uncommon to 790s.
A small coolant leak from the hose on the thermostat. Easy fix to tighten the clamp.
The screws on the front brake reservoir not being 100% tight causing white spots on the dash from a tiny brake fluid leak.

I found the ride a bit harsh. I've taken a couple of clicks off the rear rebound, so it's on setting 3 out of 10, and find it's so much better with no downside...for me..

All little things. I'd recommend going all around the bike once to check the fastenings.

All the best.
Thanks for the thorough post of information. I will make a note of all of the issues and give the bike a walk-around to tighten any loose nuts/bolts.
Take care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, I had time on my hands lol. I see you have oil from the rear shock in another post, I'll give mine a look over, It's not a problem I've come across before. Have you had any other issues?

·
Registered
60 Posts
No problem, I had time on my hands lol. I see you have oil from the rear shock in another post, I'll give mine a look over, It's not a problem I've come across before. Have you had any other issues?
Thanks that would be great. I had a chat with the dealer and he said it is not an issue but will check it over if I take it in. I'm waiting on some powerparts I ordered from him, so I'll get him to double check. No other issues. Touch wood as they say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts