KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

greetings from Latvia (Northern Europe).

found out about this forum, got a lot of useful info from here, decided to introduce you to my KTM Duke 790.

my bike is a 2019 model, picked it up in April this year, have done around 4000 kms as of now, luckily have had no issues at all.

i've done the following modifications:
* Ermax windscreen, light tint;
* MotoCrazy Fender eliminator kit;
* Hepco&Becker engine guard;
* PowerBronze hand guards;
* PowerBronze front fender extender;
* KTM Powerparts front axle sliders;
* KTM Powerparts belly pan;
* Leo Vince carbon slip-on exhaust (db-killer removed);
* Rim stickers;
* Rear swingarm spools;

planned mods:
* mirror upgrade (still can't choose from the variety available);
* rear wheel mudguard (the one that is swingarm mounted - some Ducatis/MV Agustas have it - maybe you guys can recommend where to find one?);

Hands down, it's the best bike i've ever had. The handling, the styling, the exhaust noise.. just superb.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
How's the engine guard? I thought about getting it but I'm a bit afraid I'm gonna keep bumping into it with my legs/feet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How's the engine guard? I thought about getting it but I'm a bit afraid I'm gonna keep bumping into it with my legs/feet.
i highly recommend this product, it kind of offers the best from both worlds - it's a tubular protection frame and also has additional sliders.

if you have a 12+ shoe size, maybe you will experience the tip of your moto boot rubbing against it occassionally, but with boot size 10, it's not disturbing in any way.

A really solid piece of kit. I just hope i never get to find how it works in action, lol. :)

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Very nice ride!

Welcome.

2 questions:
1. How does the LV pipe sound?

2. What size & make rim stickers did you get? How does the orange match up with the bike orange?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. How does the LV pipe sound?

2. What size & make rim stickers did you get? How does the orange match up with the bike orange?
1. it sounds really cool - has a decent rumble on low rpms, and a distinct roar when you rev it up. It fits my taste perfectly - loud enough to stand out in traffic, but quiet enough not to annoy your neighbors.
Originally i wanted to buy Akrapovič exhaust, but eventually the main reason i went for Leo Vince was the ease of removing the dB killer (just one small bolt - as for most slip-on exhausts) - i didn't want to drill any holes in carbon etc.
And half the price for Leo was also a nice bonus :)

2. it's a set (4 pieces) of pre-curved decals from Aliexpress(i know, shame on me) for 17 inch wheel size. The option A was a continuous rim decal that i bought from local KTM dealer, but i screwed up while applying it (turns out it takes some practice and skill, lol), so i went for option B that laid on my shelf at that moment, and now it's on the wheels. Holding up just fine for now. As of color match, it may be slightly off the KTM orange, but i'm not too concerned about it at the moment :)

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
1. it sounds really cool - has a decent rumble on low rpms, and a distinct roar when you rev it up. It fits my taste perfectly - loud enough to stand out in traffic, but quiet enough not to annoy your neighbors.
Originally i wanted to buy Akrapovič exhaust, but eventually the main reason i went for Leo Vince was the ease of removing the dB killer (just one small bolt - as for most slip-on exhausts) - i didn't want to drill any holes in carbon etc.
And half the price for Leo was also a nice bonus :)

2. it's a set (4 pieces) of pre-curved decals from Aliexpress(i know, shame on me) for 17 inch wheel size. The option A was a continuous rim decal that i bought from local KTM dealer, but i screwed up while applying it (turns out it takes some practice and skill, lol), so i went for option B that laid on my shelf at that moment, and now it's on the wheels. Holding up just fine for now. As of color match, it may be slightly off the KTM orange, but i'm not too concerned about it at the moment :)

Yea I was looking at the LV but opted for the Remus instead. Same small screw, but then again I leave the db killer out all the time anyway. Was curious though as I think you may be the first one on here wit ha LV.

I have been looking at many different rim decals. I like the style you have and was seriously going to pick them up but wasn't sure of the rim size. I think I am leaning towards a rim tattoo instead though, or maybe both. to be honest I want to do a graphics kit which will include the rim, but waiting and waiting and waiting for them to come out in the US sucks.

What were the issues with fitting the decal? Tips? Helpful pointers? Do's and do not's? Did you remove the rims to do it or installed while on the bike?

Thanks for the feedback!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same small screw, but then again I leave the db killer out all the time anyway.
well, that wouldn't quite work in Europe, because once in every year or two (depending on country) we have to turn up for technical inspection, and if the bike's exhaust volume exceeds a certain amount of dB's, you are not allowed to drive it in traffic anymore.

so, the dB killer has to be easy removable and insertable anyway :)

don't you have this in the states? or is it legal to drive even with a decat pipe over there?

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
well, that wouldn't quite work in Europe, because once in every year or two (depending on country) we have to turn up for technical inspection, and if the bike's exhaust volume exceeds a certain amount of dB's, you are not allowed to drive it in traffic anymore.

so, the dB killer has to be easy removable and insertable anyway :)

don't you have this in the states? or is it legal to drive even with a decat pipe over there?
No no no! We are supposed to have a cat....although I don't really know the deal with bikes, but I am sure they are the same as cars. I have never had to inspect a bike in the US. Maybe one of my statey buddies can respond on this. Interesting question though, and I don't know if there is a decibel level max for exhaust. I never had a problem with my bikes being to loud.

·
Registered
846 Posts
well, that wouldn't quite work in Europe, because once in every year or two (depending on country) we have to turn up for technical inspection, and if the bike's exhaust volume exceeds a certain amount of dB's, you are not allowed to drive it in traffic anymore. so, the dB killer has to be easy removable and insertable anyway :)
And even then some after market pipes simply will not pass. I have a mate with a Guzzi workshop in Madrid. He keeps sets of original pipes - so his customers can change pipes to pass. ime some of the € marked pipes still fail the noise test. So don't throw the original away!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I usually pass the inspection on my CBR600 with a Mivv pipe with some nickel scourer inside (they are sold as Nanas in Spain) :-D

·
Registered
846 Posts
* PowerBronze hand guards;
Hi Martin - Have a question about these. As you're up in the cold part of Europe - How effective are these in keeping hands warm? Any difference at all in keeping the wind off?

I'm not expecting a lot but I went out yesterday on my 790 and I was a bit surprised how unaccustomed I am to riding un-protected in chilly weather.

I usually ride all year but for the last decade have had a large screen and Barkbuster Blizzard on my daily rider - with a 2.3L heater between my legs. I don't mind dressing up like the Michelin Man - but I hate big clumsy winter gloves.

The BBZ's are not going to be a good fit on the 790 I don't think as I think they'll hit the tank on full lock.

Some close up photos would also be appreciated. Please!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts