KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I picked up an orange 790 Duke yesterday to replace my recently totaled Monster 1200S. You’re probably wondering why the 790 and not 1290 to replace the monster. This is a second bike, I sorta kicked myself for not waiting for the 790 when I got the monster, and it’s about $6k cheaper. I’m looking forward to putting lots of miles on the 790. I wanted something comfortable enough to zip around town, but something that is also capable on the canyons and track. My wife will also go on rides with me every now and then.

After owning it for only 24 hours, I don’t know that I’ll be tracking it until the fueling issues are sorted out. Mine cuts fuel regardless of what mode / setting the bike is in pretty extreme. I’ll likely take it in before the first service to get checked out.

Anyhow, this bike has already brought a ton of smiles. The sounds, even with the stock pipe, are hilarious.

·
Super-Moderator
366 Posts
Hey Jordan, one thing you need to be aware of with the 790 is there is no idle control unit.

I've had to slightly adjust my clutch usage/style/play to deal with this as I too was getting intermittent cut outs and assumed it was down to fuelling. Since making these adjustments I've had no issues with cut outs any more.

This may or may not help in your instance, also out of curiosity what fuel are you using?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts