KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My name is Momchil Stoyanov and I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria and I'm the proud owner of new orange KTM 790 Duke 2019.

So far I have not had a big motorcycle. I decided to get on something more bigger and powerful. After studying the market for almost a year, I decided to choose KTM and that particular model. I chose this bike because it is very manoeuvrable and lightweight to ride...Of course, looks very futuristic and modern in my opinion. It's also not too powerful and not too dangerous considering all the safety systems it offers. I also think it's a good platform for future upgrades.

My bike is in the workshop right now. I've ordered almost entire PowerParts catalog of the KTM (Clutch & Brake Levers, Ergo Seats, CNC orange parts, KTM My Ride, KTM TPMS, KTM Alarm, Fly Screen, Decals, Wave brake-disc Set, Supersprox, LED Indicators and much more) not to boast but because they are very good quality, they are stylish and because they are made specifically for this bike! Also the offer from my KTM dealer was very, very good. (All this because I told KTM there would not be another such bike on the road as mine and this can be good mobile advertising for them and of course they agreed very quickly) :D In fact, very few of the KTM PowerParts can be seen live, on marketing photos or video before they are purchased. In the KTM catalogs there are very few pictures of the parts themselves and usually they are shot not mounted on the bike, but on a white background! The only way I could find it to see how they would look on the bike was to open the PDF instructions where you can find very small b&w pictures of the parts mounted on the bike...it's a shame!

In addition, I ordered parts from R&G Racing UK (Tank Grips, Second Skin, Screen Protector etc.), Evotech-Performance UK (Rad Guard, Engine Protectors, Sliders Set etc.), Akrapovic exhausts etc. As a finishing work I plan to change almost all large plastic parts with carbon ones. The company that will make the carbon parts for me is HF Carbon Germany.

Unfortunately, the assembly and logistics of all these parts is happening very slowly at the moment. I expect my bike to be ready next week at some point, and for the carbon parts I will have to wait at least another month because there are parts to be produced. As soon as everything is assembled I will upload photos to share my joy with you! :)

I believe this project will be a good addition to our 790s group.

Please forgive me for my English in advance :D

Regards,

·
Super-Member
595 Posts
Hi guys,

My name is Momchil Stoyanov and I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria and I'm the proud owner of new orange KTM 790 Duke 2019.

So far I have not had a big motorcycle. I decided to get on something more bigger and powerful. After studying the market for almost a year, I decided to choose KTM and that particular model. I chose this bike because it is very manoeuvrable and lightweight to ride...Of course, looks very futuristic and modern in my opinion. It's also not too powerful and not too dangerous considering all the safety systems it offers. I also think it's a good platform for future upgrades.

My bike is in the workshop right now. I've ordered almost entire PowerParts catalog of the KTM (Clutch & Brake Levers, Ergo Seats, CNC orange parts, KTM My Ride, KTM TPMS, KTM Alarm, Fly Screen, Decals, Wave brake-disc Set, Supersprox, LED Indicators and much more) not to boast but because they are very good quality, they are stylish and because they are made specifically for this bike! Also the offer from my KTM dealer was very, very good. (All this because I told KTM there would not be another such bike on the road as mine and this can be good mobile advertising for them and of course they agreed very quickly) :D In fact, very few of the KTM PowerParts can be seen live, on marketing photos or video before they are purchased. In the KTM catalogs there are very few pictures of the parts themselves and usually they are shot not mounted on the bike, but on a white background! The only way I could find it to see how they would look on the bike was to open the PDF instructions where you can find very small b&w pictures of the parts mounted on the bike...it's a shame!

In addition, I ordered parts from R&G Racing UK (Tank Grips, Second Skin, Screen Protector etc.), Evotech-Performance UK (Rad Guard, Engine Protectors, Sliders Set etc.), Akrapovic exhausts etc. As a finishing work I plan to change almost all large plastic parts with carbon ones. The company that will make the carbon parts for me is HF Carbon Germany.

Unfortunately, the assembly and logistics of all these parts is happening very slowly at the moment. I expect my bike to be ready next week at some point, and for the carbon parts I will have to wait at least another month because there are parts to be produced. As soon as everything is assembled I will upload photos to share my joy with you! :)

I believe this project will be a good addition to our 790s group.

Please forgive me for my English in advance :D

Regards,
Welcome M!! (I'm using M for short!) Sounds like you have a pretty badass bike on your doorstep! Can't wait to see pictures of it competed. Congrats on the purchase....and you will be a happy camper with this one...great platform!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,

Some quick garage photos of my bike. They are not the best...but when the weather gets better I'll make better shots outside. Not all parts of the bike yet have been installed, but it will happen soon ...I hope you like it!

Cheers :D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts