KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I’ve been trolling since I bought my 2019 back in July 2020. Bought it on 7/10/20 & last ride was a track day weekend.....Thanksgiving weekend Sat/Sun. Was able to get 6354 miles on it before winter hit Reno. It’s been in the garage since🙁
Upgrades I’ve made have been:
1) Burnt up the stock tires & decided to go to Diablo SuperCorsa tires for the track weekend & going to keep them for the street as well.
2) Sato Rearsets.....just installed...x-mas present from the boyfriend❤
3) Givi windscreen
4) Puig shortie foldaway levers
5) Rear Tail bag
6) Techspec tank grippers
7)After my track day......decided I needed stiffer suspension & got a rear Penske shock built for my weight & had the front springs changed out as well. I’ll see how this all works come March......1st track day for 2021👏👏

I currently have a garage full of TWIN bikes & love them all.....
Suzuki SV650.....boyfriends learn to ride better/fast bike
Ducati 1098s
2019 790 KTM......which I think is a steal because it comes with the Traction Control & the quick shifter ........where you have to pay extra for those on the 2020 models.

Any suggestions for a tidy tail that keeps the oem turn signals & is a plug-n-play would be nice
Also want to get a beefier sounding exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well I’ve been trolling since I bought my 2019 back in July 2020. Bought it on 7/10/20 & last ride was a track day weekend.....Thanksgiving weekend Sat/Sun. Was able to get 6354 miles on it before winter hit Reno. It’s been in the garage since🙁
Upgrades I’ve made have been:
1) Burnt up the stock tires & decided to go to Diablo SuperCorsa tires for the track weekend & going to keep them for the street as well.
2) Sato Rearsets.....just installed...x-mas present from the boyfriend❤
3) Givi windscreen
4) Puig shortie foldaway levers
5) Rear Tail bag
6) Techspec tank grippers
7)After my track day......decided I needed stiffer suspension & got a rear Penske shock built for my weight & had the front springs changed out as well. I’ll see how this all works come March......1st track day for 2021👏👏

I currently have a garage full of TWIN bikes & love them all.....
Suzuki SV650.....boyfriends learn to ride better/fast bike
Ducati 1098s
2019 790 KTM......which I think is a steal because it comes with the Traction Control & the quick shifter ........where you have to pay extra for those on the 2020 models.

Any suggestions for a tidy tail that keeps the oem turn signals & is a plug-n-play would be nice
Also want to get a beefier sounding exhaust.
Welcome. I do not believe any of the tail tidys are plug and play. I just purchased a Yoshimura tail tidy. The instruction manual says to cut off existing taillight plug and spice the wires to the plug. I opted to just purchase a plug and solder the taillight to the new plug. The Yoshimura will mount the stock signals. I’m doing the tail tidy install this weekend. I’ll post pictures. Others will chime in on the exhaust.

KTM tail light plug

·
Registered
74 Posts
Traction control and quickshifter are not extras on the 2020 model. They are standard fitment. They are extra on the 890R, which is already nearly £3k more over here.

·
MotoGP Moderator
921 Posts
Nice looking bike. Love the Sato rearsets. How do they feel compared to the original? Welcome to our dysfunctional family.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the Mustard Bikes tail tidy on mine and it is plug and play for EU style led indicators. Not sure bout the US ones. Although with original exhaust i think you might melt the US signals
The US turn signals have the same plug as the EU led Indicators. So they are plug and play as well. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice looking bike. Love the Sato rearsets. How do they feel compared to the original? Welcome to our dysfunctional family.
Put them on Friday...alot of adjustments for placement up/down....forward/back.
Biggest change is we set it up for GP shifting....now have to get used to than....1 up & 5 down....totally backwards
Thinking of taking it out today & get used to the change....have to be extra careful...crap on the roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Traction control and quickshifter are not extras on the 2020 model. They are standard fitment. They are extra on the 890R, which is already nearly £3k more over here.
Ah....My dealer told me that it was now an add on option that could be purchased for the 2020 model. Didn't matter, I did not want the orange wheels...I got the black version....like much better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The US turn signals have the same plug as the EU led Indicators. So they are plug and play as well. :)
Kool....I'll definitely have to check it out. Please post some pics once you get your installed....would love to see it:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome. I do not believe any of the tail tidys are plug and play. I just purchased a Yoshimura tail tidy. The instruction manual says to cut off existing taillight plug and spice the wires to the plug. I opted to just purchase a plug and solder the taillight to the new plug. The Yoshimura will mount the stock signals. I’m doing the tail tidy install this weekend. I’ll post pictures. Others will chime in on the exhaust.

KTM tail light plug

View attachment 6374
I’ve got the wrong plug. :(

·
MotoGP Moderator
921 Posts
Put them on Friday...alot of adjustments for placement up/down....forward/back.
Biggest change is we set it up for GP shifting....now have to get used to than....1 up & 5 down....totally backwards
Thinking of taking it out today & get used to the change....have to be extra careful...crap on the roads.
Good stuff. Let us know how it goes.

I never bothered with GP shift pattern, personally. Most of my riding is on the street and I didn't think I need to reprogram myself to this backwards thing...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good stuff. Let us know how it goes.

I never bothered with GP shift pattern, personally. Most of my riding is on the street and I didn't think I need to reprogram myself to this backwards thing...
I feel ya....gave it a try today & said no way.
I didn’t have much patience today & just said let’s put it back to regular shifting🤦‍♀️
Great feeling after getting them back to a normal feel👍👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts