KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure next week cant come soon enough. You plan on holding onto that 1000?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on getting a 790.
What other bikes were you looking into before deciding to get the 790? Can't help but notice how many bikes in this CC range are coming to market these days!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To LC8, no I sold it to the shop where I bought the KTM.

To KTMfan, I had 2 small accidents on my last holliday in the Alps (Italy), there was that much damage that it was financially attractive to buy another one. The S1000R is a great bike but is a big overkill for the busy Dutch roads. So I wanted something smaller, choice was between a Street Triple RS or the KTM. I like the looks better of the KTM., and there are allready a lot of Street Triples so I wanted something different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi HDG. I too just sold a S1000R and bought a 790.

Wanted a smaller fun bike that was less powerful. S1000R was an extremely capable and powerful machine but I just couldn’t do it justice on roads I ride. Little bit sanitised too.

My first KTM also. I rode other similar category bikes b4 making decision. The Duke was my favourite by far. Bought it even though it meant a 250 mile round trip to dealer. All other bikes I tested were available locally. The Street Triple was my least fav. Well made but I don’t like how it looks and it was just really boring.

Plus orange is my fav colour.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
well I prefer the 790 to my speed triple and 1290
I would go as far as saying the best standard mid sized bike
added 20mm extra comfort seat I can now do 6 hours ride outs and walk smoothly to the gents :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts