KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to install the Hepco & Becker Engine Bars today. I noticed that the shock reservoir is in the way of the bar to bar attachment through the center of the motorcycle. I sent email to Hepco & Becker and Motomachines the US supplier. I had previously received confirmation from Hepco & Becker that the bars for the 790 would fit the 890. We will see what they have to say.

Do the Givi or R&G bars go through the center as well?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I would want to see one before buying. I am pretty sure my shin/lower knee would be VERY close.
I ride with my knee very much on the lower side plastics.
The GIVI fits to the lower bolt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would want to see one before buying. I am pretty sure my shin/lower knee would be VERY close.
I ride with my knee very much on the lower side plastics.
The GIVI fits to the lower bolt.
@barbagris re the Givi bars I have these on my 790 and comparing the 790 with the 890R it looks like they will swap over? I might be reading too much into your posts but it looks like you're suggesting that they'll fit both the 790 and the 890?

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the new version of the Hepco & Becker Engine Bars. I purchased stainless steel Torx bolts to replace the stock hex plated bolts that came with the kit. I’ll be installing today. I will post pictures when I’m done.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
@barbagris re the Givi bars I have these on my 790 and comparing the 790 with the 890R it looks like they will swap over? I might be reading too much into your posts but it looks like you're suggesting that they'll fit both the 790 and the 890?
IIRC somebody found the H&B 790 foul something on the 890R shock. hence they do a 890R specific version.

But the Givi fit outside on the frame - So I suspect they are fine. One thing I will add - On one side the bolt is a wee bit short (for my OCD engibneering taste) maybe 5mm. short. I made an M10 Stud up from some OLD threaded bar I had.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the pics of the Hepco & Becker crash bars. I took a picture of my foot on the left side foot peg. Plenty of clearance between my foot and the bar. I wear a 9 1/2. Maybe a size 13 might have an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve had no issues with the bars. But I have not dropped the bike either.
Thanks for posting this. It's great. I think I am going to go down this route.

Would you be able to take a picture of your whole bike from a few different angles? That would totally make my day. I am debating between the black and the orange one. Seeing your pictures you have the R version of the bike. What made you go with the black bars?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for posting this. It's great. I think I am going to go down this route.

Would you be able to take a picture of your whole bike from a few different angles? That would totally make my day. I am debating between the black and the orange one. Seeing your pictures you have the R version of the bike. What made you go with the black bars?
I’ll have a full install video shortly after mine arrive here: https://youtube.com/c/AlejandrosEngineeredLifestyle
Cheers!

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wanted the bars to less obtrusive and match the swing arm and sub frame.

Tire Wheel Sky Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Sky Tire Wheel Water Vehicle

Sky Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the evotech protectors, i have the front/rear axle sliders as well as the frame sliders and they blend in/fit well with the look of the bike.

I always forget to put the rear ones back on after a track day, so most of the time I just run front axel + frame sliders.

The bar end mirrors are my bar sliders. They wer like $30, so same price as dedicated bar end sliders and will probably work nearly as well.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm a huge fan of the evotech protectors, i have the front/rear axle sliders as well as the frame sliders and they blend in/fit well with the look of the bike.
I went with the bars due to cost and what looked to me to be like better protection, and they were cheaper then Evotech and the engine guards. Evotech would be lighter. I would not have to purchase engine guards.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I always forget to put the rear ones back on after a track day, so most of the time I just run front axel + frame sliders.

The bar end mirrors are my bar sliders. They wer like $30, so same price as dedicated bar end sliders and will probably work nearly as well.

What bar end mirrors do you use that's only $30?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts