KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just installed Andreani fork cartridges yesterday and I am getting a "squish" noise when I forcefully compress the suspension in my driveway. I thought I had them entirely bled out before I put them back on the bike. I had both rebound and compression strokes smooth with even resistance all the way through when actuating by hand to bleed. It felt like they bled all the air out in 4-5 strokes but I stroked each piston ~20 times before assembly to ensure it was correct. I found on one fz09 forum a couple of riders mention this noise being normal, but I wanted to verify among the 790 Duke community that I did things right. It's supposed to rain here in east tennessee so I won't get a chance to test ride until tomorrow after work or tonight if it dries up. Thank you in advance for any advice and help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The only thing I could think would be wrong would maybe the seals that go on top of the cartridge when it all screws together may be out of their groove or got goofed up putting them together? Could also just be a different sound that comes from oil pushing out of the largened oil passages on the cartridges. Either way, if the fork functions properly, and there is no leaks, I would think you're good!..

Let us know your impressions of the forks after you get some miles on them! a lot of guys here would love to hear your impressions on them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I could think would be wrong would maybe the seals that go on top of the cartridge when it all screws together may be out of their groove or got goofed up putting them together? Could also just be a different sound that comes from oil pushing out of the largened oil passages on the cartridges. Either way, if the fork functions properly, and there is no leaks, I would think you're good!..

Let us know your impressions of the forks after you get some miles on them! a lot of guys here would love to hear your impressions on them.
Actually got feedback from jjtheduke on instagram. Had his installed by a reputable shop and they said the noise is normal. Did about 20mi on them yesterday to shakedown everything. Quite impressed so far. The bike feels like an absolute weapon now. I also installed a nitron n2 rear coilover as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had the bike out at the race track and wow it's a whole different animal. I was dragging knee all day very confidently.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had the bike out at the race track and wow it's a whole different animal. I was dragging knee all day very confidently.
So glad to hear that. I ordered a set (and Nitron N1) and should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I won't get to ride them until spring, so your report is quite confidence inspiring. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So glad to hear that. I ordered a set (and Nitron N1) and should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I won't get to ride them until spring, so your report is quite confidence inspiring. Thanks for the post!
I weigh 210 with all of my gear on and mostly track/ aggressive mountain ride so I opted for the advance/track setup that was offered as opposed to beginner/intermediate with my Andreani and with my Nitron (I have the N1 as well I know I said I got the n2 earlier) I basically just told the guys at mnnthbx.com what I was doing with it. The difference is night and day compared to a stock Duke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.