KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been around this forum for quite a while but haven't felt the need to register up to now. I've had my Duke for about a year now, only did about 4000 kms due to lots of bad weather and trip and track day cancellations due to Corona.
Anyway, the reason for me registering is that I'd like to share my DIY baggage rack that I now use instead of the original KTM panniers (which I returned). The latter lacks space and durability and is quite expensive. The rack that you can see in the pictures is of course very cheap and will carry most of your (camping) gear. I'll start a thread with some more detailed photos. Just for inspiration, of course!

Jelle

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welkom Jelle!

Nice to see your lashing-eye solution - it there any support behind the roll bag?

The rear bag looks like it just fits and makes a good back rest!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried posting some pics in one of the pannier threads, but I now see my post was blocked, probably because of too much editing (although I’m not new to the content of this forum, I am new to posting ;).
Here are some pics that show the support.
Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Product Automotive tire Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
What's happening today? Looks like a dutch invasion...

Welcome to the forums.

Being married to a Dutch lady, we planned on getting the Assen this year. COVID changed our plans. We have to settle for the beautiful Blue Mountains...

·
a d m i n .
151,086 Posts
Welcome to the Team! I like the way you packed that rig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's happening today? Looks like a dutch invasion...

Welcome to the forums.

Being married to a Dutch lady, we planned on getting the Assen this year. COVID changed our plans. We have to settle for the beautiful Blue Mountains...
That's too bad, I was planning to go to the TT as well... But luckily I will be riding the circuit myself on 13 July!

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
Wow! Fun!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.