KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Duke 790. Week2 of ownership. 300km so far.
Just getting back into riding after a 2 year break (coming from an MT09 Tracer). Installed the r&g frame sliders. Waiting for Puig windscreen and handlebar risers. (yes I'm trying to make it a poor man's tourer)

Feel the throttle is a bit snatchy at times (street mode). Few false neutrals but maybe because I used the quickshifter on low RPMs?

Absolutely love the motor and the chuckability around town.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the 790 club. I have had mine over a year but do not see many on the road. It is a great bike that can be ridden easily at legal speed and at illegal speed. My 790 replaced a VFR 800 - a bike that is hard to match but the Duke satisfied all my needs. You shift may improve after the first service, for which expect a bill of around $300+.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the Duke world! It takes some getting used to I'm around a thousand miles now and still getting to know it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks. This bike always brings a big smile to the face. Safe & Happy riding !

·
Registered
27 Posts
@790inOz welcome and gald you're enjoying the bike. Mine has recently had its frst service at ProCycles St Peter's and it was $399. Based on feedback on the Duke Australia Facebook page (good group btw) it ranges from $200 in QLD to $400 in Sydney. So shop around. I can confirm that the bike gets better and better with more miles. I just did a weekend away up through the Central West and it was awesome. Some owners have suggested using rain mode aorund town to manage the awkward throttle down low. I'm relatively new to riding (only a couple of years) and I've found that you just get used to it. Can aslo confirm that QS work best from 3rd and above and it favours decisive action. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all. Quick update on the snatchy throttle. My dealership has a complimentary 500km check and they were able to adjust the chain which took care of the issue. Huge difference.

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
78 Posts
Hmm. Could you please check how
much free up and down movement you have on the bottom chain run please. Ideally you need to check it with someone sitting on the pillion. But even the unladen tension would be interesting to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts