KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone form Sydney, Australia,
My Duke 790 will arrive on the 18th. I got it about $1000 cheaper by buying it from perth....but it has cost me $1000 to get it here.
Still, it was the model i wanted with the right mileage and features.

I've spent the last 9 years on a V-strom 650 so it will be a bit of a change.
Prior to that i toured australia on a ZZR1100, great fun.

cheers

·
a d m i n .
151,023 Posts
Welcome to our Group!

So you bought a pre-owned 790D? How much mileage?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
879k (ex demo) with a free 1k service. I paid the 160 extra for the Bluetooth. All up cost me au$13.5k. Not great, not bad.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope so, i've been saving for 18 months.
I got a bit of a shock the other day when i withdrew some cash form the atm and the balance was back down to double digits!

The v-strom has been a wonderful bike, and i'd recommend it to anyone who wants to do a little bit off of road but will mainly be touring/commuting. But as traffic increases and now that lane filtering is legal here, it's too large for the city. 9 years on that saddle!

It will be interesting to see how the bluetooth unit works out. I built my own box for the v-strom and was never super happy with it so i'm really looking forward to controlling my music from the bar switches. I've seen mixed reviews so when it arrives i might post a video and a review here so others can see what it does and how it works.

·
a d m i n .
151,023 Posts
I've seen mixed reviews so when it arrives i might post a video and a review here so others can see what it does and how it works.
I'm sure many would appreciate this. :smile:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome in our group!

Great choice. This is a great motorcycle with great potential. You will not regret it!

Cheers :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts