KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on getting your 790 Duke. Being a new rider that finds ergonomics to be a slight challenge, how are you liking ergos on the 790?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on getting your 790 Duke. Being a new rider that finds ergonomics to be a slight challenge, how are you liking ergos on the 790?
thanks! my last bike was a bmw R 9 T. very relaxed , very low seat height ( easily flat foot - 30" inseam). could ride for a few hours - no problem .

the duke is a little tall for me ( just touching balls of my feet ). the ergos seem comfortable, although i feel like i'm sitting ON the bike not IN the bike.

i did get the lower PP seat but the SHAPE is uncomfortable for me. i plan on reshaping the foam ( making it narrower and a little lower) - hopefully that will help.

i'm sure i will get used to it soon. i would think if your inseam is > 32" one would be comfortable as is. as you probably know the bars are adjustable to some degree

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 790. Have you owned another KTM product prior or are you new to the brand?

·
Registered
113 Posts
thanks! my last bike was a bmw R 9 T. very relaxed , very low seat height ( easily flat foot - 30" inseam). could ride for a few hours - no problem .

the duke is a little tall for me ( just touching balls of my feet ). the ergos seem comfortable, although i feel like i'm sitting ON the bike not IN the bike.

i did get the lower PP seat but the SHAPE is uncomfortable for me. i plan on reshaping the foam ( making it narrower and a little lower) - hopefully that will help.

i'm sure i will get used to it soon. i would think if your inseam is > 32" one would be comfortable as is. as you probably know the bars are adjustable to some degree
I was hoping you'd mention the need to break it in first, but I assume the specs are way off for you to consider that. Currently 36" inseam at 5'11

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 790. Have you owned another KTM product prior or are you new to the brand?
thanks ! this is my first KTM. i've owned most of the major brands ( no harley davidsons). i don't seem to gravitate to any particular brand but i am partial to standards and/or nakeds

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping you'd mention the need to break it in first, but I assume the specs are way off for you to consider that. Currently 36" inseam at 5'11
the standard seat SHAPE is more comfortable for me but a little too tall for my liking. when i bought the bike i worked in the -20mm lower seat into the deal - pretty much had an idea what i needed to do.

geese! at a 36" inseam you should be comfy on the + 20mm taller seat no problem!

the seat can easily be changed but if the general ergos of a bike ( and cars)do not fit me i move on. not worth it for me to change everything to fit me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts