KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just a quick hello to introduce myself and more inportantly my bike to this forum.

I bought an immaculate orange 19MY (on a 20 plate) with only 1300miles on it last month. It had already had Arrow slippon, KTM PP mirrors, orange engine case sliders + both brake fluid caps.馃榾

I was looking for the lightest weight 'all rounder' that would commuter, give me lots of solo fun rides and carry my other half for those all important gentle trundles for cream teas - so a tough ask for just one bike!

I'd tried a 690 Duke but the electronics package, smile/giggle inducing acceleration and smoother low down two up bimbling potential of the 790 won the day easily.

For practicality and to make my pillion feel safer, I will be fitting a top box at some point - KTM PP one looks to have the best pillion grab handle replacement but is much more expensive than SW motec etc.

I miss the comfort seat and MCT suspension of my previous Tiger 1050, so will go down those upgrade roads soon.

Also std Maxis rear tyre is down to wear bars so with winter coming I will be getting a pair of Michelin Road 5's on soon.

I've been scanning and taking notes from this forum - many thanks for all your brilliant input/ reviews, the throttle slack job has already been copied to excellent effect, and I'm waiting for Kevxtx O2 and fuelling mods for our 790's or full dyno tune once people properly crack the ECU....let's not delve into that rabbit hole on this thread just yet...many other threads already have!

So that's it for now, I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum and let you know should I ever get any pearls of wisdom worth sharing.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts