KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Proud new owner of a 2018 model 790 Duke R with a few small mods, Evotech rear tail tidy, Titanium Akrapovic slipon exhaust, rear t seat cowl, rear foot pegs removed, small windscreen.

I just sold my 2015 Ducati Diavel and was looking for a smaller around town bike and this came into my radar as was looking to possibly by a motard style bike again as they are so much fun to ride.

Got an Evotech radiator, Evotech rear bobbins, and an under bellypan on order to start with. Future plans, richen fuelling up and cat delete at this stage oh and some bar end mirrors.

Lots of good info on this forum so thought its good idea to sign up, cheers.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zimm its very very green at the moment coming into the best time of year to ride hear with rain finally clearing and cooler temps. I'm on holidays to do some house repairs, but will be doing some trips to Port Douglas and the Kuranda and Gilllies ranges

barbagris they arn't reflective but yeah do stand out, I wasn't overly keen on them to begin with but they are growing on me now

·
Registered
599 Posts
Zimm its very very green at the moment coming into the best time of year to ride hear with rain finally clearing and cooler temps. I'm on holidays to do some house repairs, but will be doing some trips to Port Douglas and the Kuranda and Gilllies ranges

barbagris they arn't reflective but yeah do stand out, I wasn't overly keen on them to begin with but they are growing on me now
I love that run from Cairns to Port Douglas! Thinking of doing Cape York on my GS in July or August

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love that run from Cairns to Port Douglas! Thinking of doing Cape York on my GS in July or August
Thats a pretty epic ride fredaroony, to long in the saddle for my bony ass and my off-roading days are over I feel. But yeah it actually looks like a fun challenging ride if you've got a supporting vehicle or team that Roy Kunda from Cape York Motorcycle Adventures runs, plug for a good local business. I suppose there is the bitumen road these days, not sure how far it goes to the top.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thats a pretty epic ride fredaroony, to long in the saddle for my bony ass and my off-roading days are over I feel. But yeah it actually looks like a fun challenging ride if you've got a supporting vehicle or team that Roy Kunda from Cape York Motorcycle Adventures runs, plug for a good local business. I suppose there is the bitumen road these days, not sure how far it goes to the top.
Going to give it a go solo but won't be doing the telegraph track

·
Registered
599 Posts
Whaaaaaat! - Somehow that seems like you're letting the side down. ;)
BMW eh! - sure it's oil tight? ;)
I wouldn't go off road anyway. But it's too late for me to start falling off again.
haha lot of work on a big bike when riding solo. Lots of river crossings that can be deep at times.

Even doing the unpaved main road can have lots of sand.

Hopefully no oil leaks :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts