KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I just got a 790 and am doing a track/street build. Want to use universal parts if anyone have any suggestions

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
Just wrapped up turning my bike into a do it all bike, aftermarket list is as follows:
Woodcraft frame, swingarm and fork sliders, plus a woodcraft swingarm spools for the stand.
Michelin pilot road 5s
WP Pro suspension front and rear
Sato racing hooks to replace the passenger pegs
SW-Motech seat rack to replace the removable seat
Cortech Sport 2.0 Tailbag
SW-Motech SLC Side carrier and SYSBAG15
Powerparts clutch and brake lever
Arrow slipon
Gerbings heated gear adapter off of the battery tender
Powerparts USB outlet

With the above i think the bike is more then ready for anything you can throw at it.

I do plan to do woodcraft rearsets too but I spent enough for now and want to see how the stock ones hold up. Also a windscreen might be in my future but for now i'm happy with how it is.

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
I do plan to do woodcraft rearsets too but I spent enough for now and want to see how the stock ones hold up.
Been thinking about rearsets too. Kinda spendy for what they are tho no? IDK, I've never had aftermarket rearsets, so am I really missing out?
Depends on yourself, adjustable rearsets allow you to get your legs into a better position on the bike to grip the tank. That is if you don’t fit well with the stick ones. The other advantage is the better grip of the pegs and that every piece can be replaced (very nice for a track bike that could hit the dirt).

You can think of the good ones as insurance as they can act as frame sliders too.

For me it’s about grip and leg position more then anything. Most bikes have terrible pegs stock and when you lean over you can expect your foot to slip off. So far the duke has had adequate grip for me but I haven’t pushed it too hard yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts