KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from western USA. I had a 2017 390 duke earlier, sold it and got a new 2019 790 duke in May. I’m very happy with the purchase except the immobilizer failure warning which had me go back & forth to the shop. The dealership finally replaced the wiring harness under warranty during the first service (620 mile) last week. I hope the issue is fixed and i’ll keep you posted if it returns. I have added a side stand extension & a speedo angels anti glare screen to the dash so far and planning to make further upgrades.

Attachments

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
Thanks for joining the Team!

That immob bit has plagued a few people, unfortunately, hopefully you get it squared away, once and for all. Welcome to the group!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The immobilizer failure has returned even after the dealership changed the harness on the bike with a new one. Taking it back to the shop tomorrow and frustratingly this has been the 4th time i'm going back to the shop on this issue. What do yo guys suggest I should do ? 1. Ask them to replace bike (not sure if this will happen) 2. Ask them to fix the issue for real this time and get a loaner bike meanwhile(790 duke or similar)

Attachments

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
The immobilizer failure has returned even after the dealership changed the harness on the bike with a new one. Taking it back to the shop tomorrow and frustratingly this has been the 4th time i'm going back to the shop on this issue. What do yo guys suggest I should do ? 1. Ask them to replace bike (not sure if this will happen) 2. Ask them to fix the issue for real this time and get a loaner bike meanwhile(790 duke or similar)
Oh crap, I'm so sorry to hear this. What a effin PITA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts