KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a 790 after about a year and a half of agonizing over an FZ07. Strange I know but hear me out.

I have several bikes but when the FZ07 came out I was kind of taken with the parallel twin 270 degree exhaust note, low maintenance, high MPG, perfect commuter material, right? Except the styling did nothing for me, the suspension was shite and it was just a bit underpowered.

So along comes the 790, same awesome exhaust note, quality materials and a bit more punch.

I spent a few weeks haggling with dealers before finding a good low mileage, tastefully modded used bike a couple hours from home.

So here it is, before I started stripping parts....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welcome RAINDOG. You chose the right colour mate, the orange ones are so much faster than the black/grey ones. Bike looks awesome, now for some cool bar-end mirrors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome RAINDOG. You chose the right colour mate, the orange ones are so much faster than the black/grey ones. Bike looks awesome, now for some cool bar-end mirrors.
I have one on the left , Dave.

Welcome to the forum @RAINDOG.

How much did you pay out the door for your 790?
I went used, because every dealer wanted to tack on a couple grand for their trouble.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@RAINDOG Good call on buying used. I might be doing the same with a Ducati I have my eyes on. First time buying a Duc and heard markups do get aggressive here.

·
bought a 1290 SDR
87 Posts
Recently picked up a 790 after about a year and a half of agonizing over an FZ07. Strange I know but hear me out.

I have several bikes but when the FZ07 came out I was kind of taken with the parallel twin 270 degree exhaust note, low maintenance, high MPG, perfect commuter material, right? Except the styling did nothing for me, the suspension was shite and it was just a bit underpowered.

So along comes the 790, same awesome exhaust note, quality materials and a bit more punch.

I spent a few weeks haggling with dealers before finding a good low mileage, tastefully modded used bike a couple hours from home.

So here it is, before I started stripping parts....

Hi mate and Welcome.Definitely got to be Orange.Its the only way to go:smile_big:
Enjoy your 790 mate.
Ride Safe:smile:

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
Welcome bro! Nice choice......except for orange!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha Ha, of course, i have mine on the right, i went for an Oxford round con-caved mirror, can see all so no need for two, plus two makes the bike look like an aeroplane.
That's cause you drive on the wrong side of the road, Dave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts