KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Hello all from West Coast Scotland!

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Grim Reaper Dodger 
#1 ·
Hello all! Signed all the paperwork today and got the bike insured, hopefully all goes to plan and I'll be picking up my new Orange 790 on Saturday, cant wait :grin:

One thing I was wondering, perhaps I should have asked in another section, but why do quite a lot of folk get rid of the standard mirrors for bar end ones? Are the standard mirrors not very good or is it cosmetic due to the look of the OEM ones?

Any way, hello from West Coast Scotland, cant wait to hit our mega twisty roads :devil:

J

#2 ·
Hi John
West Coast of Scotland. . . . . twisties!! What a playground for a 790 :) Welcome.

As to mirrors, I personally don't have a problem with their look & I have added Powerbronze hand-guards which I think look okay as a combo & as much as I love Scotland, something to keep rain off gloves does make a big difference.

Enjoy your location.

#5 ·
Hi John and welcome
I fitted pp bar end mirrors as in my right hand mirror all I could see was my elbow left was fine and yes I did adjust them they do come loose on the top but there are three little screws you can nip up and yes bar end mirrors definitely look cool. If you manage to avoid the rain in Scotland you will have to teach that one

#12 · (Edited)
Hi folks! Bike arrived safe and sound yesterday, had it transported as weather was showing monsoon weather all day. Later in the afternoon the weather cleared though and I took the orange beastie for it's first run, managed about 35 miles before the rain came back on heavy and I headed home.

First impressions are it's great, as you all know!! Is 'much' firmer than I thought it would be, I'm 15 1/2 stone and 6.1". It fits me fine, legs and arm positions are just right. Throttle on street mode very responsive, so sport mode must be mad. Haven't used the quick shifter much, was set to on and works well, but I'm holding off until I've done the running in and can give it some more load on the shifts. Dealer says it will come up on the screen when to bring it in for the first service, but as you know that's 620 miles (UK).

Attachments

#13 ·
Shame about the weather on your new toy arrival. . . . but I'm sure you're used to that!!

The ride was firmer than I was used to on my VFR, but I adjusted pretty quickly. I was pleased how, although firm, the 790 rides "B" roads really well. I did change to the +20mm Ergo seat, which helps on any larger/sudden bumps :)

Enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.