KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the misfortune of completely removing the headlight adjustment screw before I knew what it was. The owner's manual describes how to set the alignment once you have the height of the center of the low beam bulb. Has anyone done that measurement for a stock bike and if you have would you please share it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not sure what measurement you are after, but I've never touched the adjustment of my headlight; so if you want to take measurements from mine you are welcome to do that. Message me and we'll make arrangements.

·
VIP member
418 Posts
I had the misfortune of completely removing the headlight adjustment screw before I knew what it was. The owner's manual describes how to set the alignment once you have the height of the center of the low beam bulb. Has anyone done that measurement for a stock bike and if you have would you please share it?
It's roughly 16 full turns of the screw from where the treads first engage. I've taken the headlight off more times than I can count as I was troubleshooting my LED turn signal issues.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... if you want to take measurements from mine you are welcome to do that.
Thanks for the offer. Here's another idea. I attached two pictures. The first shows the pointed edge of the headlight mask and the other shows the distance from the fork to that point. I measured 60 mm. If you can just post the measurement of the gap on your bike, that should be close enough.

Attachments

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EvansB2, thanks for the info. I think if I get the dimension from L8-apex I requested above, I will be back in business.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is 63mm at that point; on both sides.
That's great information, thanks. If that's verified by others, that should be a sticky. I got to the 60 mm simply by looking at the beam in the garage.

I hope others chime in to see how consistent that dimension is. It could be one indicator of KTM's production quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I added heated grips and had to remove the light.

The only adjustment is up/down. Its designed to fold forward to access the area behind it.

Just put her back together and adjust it at night to the level you find the best light on the road in front of you.

Simple.

·
Registered
184 Posts
From memory I counted 14.5 turns from when the screw engaged when I fitted my electrical output at the front - my post is somewhere in the HOWTO section.

I counted the turns as I undid it and just put the same number of turns back on it when I put the cowl back in place - seems about right for my (light) weight.

The measurement from the fork to the headlight cowl shroud is a great idea - will check when I next look at the bike, it's under cover right now as it's not really biking weather here in the UK!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts