KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Stop blaming KTM and sell the thing already.
Why the handicap dig?
Are people not allowed to complain about things that most other bikes/manufacturers have fixed/sorted-out? People voicing their complaints is a big part of what gets manufacturers to change things. More people sharing their thoughts/grievances, the more likely the message reaches the people that can affect change.

It's the right bike for me, but that doesn't mean it's perfect. If any bike came from the factory perfect we wouldn't see an aftermarket for replacement/upgrade parts.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Why the handicap dig?
Are people not allowed to complain about things that most other bikes/manufacturers have fixed/sorted-out? People voicing their complaints is a big part of what gets manufacturers to change things. More people sharing their thoughts/grievances, the more likely the message reaches the people that can affect change.

It's the right bike for me, but that doesn't mean it's perfect. If any bike came from the factory perfect we wouldn't see an aftermarket for replacement/upgrade parts.
Exactly! We can only hope. ‘Ready To Race’.?..hmmmm… not so much…

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to try to make one of these brackets with my 3d printer and some PLA+. If I get it right, I'll let you know.

I use my 890 R almost exclusively on track and the cooler weather means I'd like to use warmers for peace of mind vs cold race tires. Having that bracket in the way is really cumbersome.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm going to try to make one of these brackets with my 3d printer and some PLA+. If I get it right, I'll let you know.

I use my 890 R almost exclusively on track and the cooler weather means I'd like to use warmers for peace of mind vs cold race tires. Having that bracket in the way is really cumbersome.
Awesome! Please send me a PM if you are able (and willing) to do it, I'd love to have a permanent solution and stop having to use the fork stands instead of the head stand.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I too am also interested if your able to produce a bracket, thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good call. I'll print with ABS or PETG.

Prototype works mint. With my Woodcraft front stand, I needed a 7mm spacer to lift the bike up on the pin a little so as not to put any pressure on the steel lines by the lifting arm. But that was a 5 minute CAD job, and an 8 minute print.

It's not just a flat piece of plastic. It actually fits up snug in the void behind the mounting bolt.

This is prototype v7 (15% infill, not for use). I'll keep working on it. Testing it out for a two day trackday next week we're I'll be running warmers for the first time with this bike.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Rim Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Air gun

Hand Computer keyboard Peripheral Space bar Input device

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update:

Used the prototype for two days at the track, using warmers for every session.

Worked mint, even with only 15% infill with PLA.

Printed another one with 100% infill using ABS. SUPER sturdy/solid.

Going to do one more version with a captured M6x1mm stainless nut (even though I don't think it'll strip the ABS).

Then I'll try to find another couple sets of front stands to test with.

I did need to make a quick spacer for my Lockhard Phillips front stand as shown, but that is easy and just stays on the pin.

What other brands of front stands do you use besides LP and Woodcraft?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts