KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Disclaimer - I'm a noob when it comes to mods so still learning.

Based on the discussion in a separate thread I just installed these 20mm risers to give myself a bit more upright seating position.

What I did before installing was take a picture of handlebar angle and made sure I used the same setting once the riser was installed (image attached). After install I can feel the bike is a bit stiff when it comes to initiating leaning into corners. Is this normal and expected? Or do I need to make any more adjustments? Any feedback appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you raise the bars - you will in all probability have taken a wee bit of dynamic weight off the forks. So there is a minute bit of extra spring preload to overcome. It may also have very minutely lengthened the trail due to a fractional change in steering angle.

I also have up and back risers in. I wouldn't say stiffer - but the lack of weight on the front spindle - does affect very very marginally the feel of immediacy.

What is YOUR weight? - A bit extra rear spring preload will throw a wee bit more weight forward. I haven't bothered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you raise the bars - you will in all probability have taken a wee bit of dynamic weight off the forks. So there is a minute bit of extra spring preload to overcome. It may also have very minutely lengthened the trail due to a fractional change in steering angle.

I also have up and back risers in. I wouldn't say stiffer - but the lack of weight on the front spindle - does affect very very marginally the feel of immediacy.

What is YOUR weight? - A bit extra rear spring preload will throw a wee bit more weight forward. I haven't bothered.
Thank you for your reply. I'll run it past a mechanic and see how I go. I'm 70kgs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts