KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm not taking delivery of my 790 until 1st Sept I'm playing around making 'bits'.
Making a slimline, cut-down sat nag mount for my Zumo but without the bars diameter can go no further....

Can some kind person please measure the diameter of the handlebar (in between the clamps) and let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's late here so can't go and check but I have a quadlock handlebar mount fitted there and it fits perfectly with the slim rubber fitment piece. Quadlock say:
  • Fits handlebar sizes ⅞” (22mm), 1” (25mm), 1-⅛” (28mm)
... and according to this site it's tapered from 28mm down to 22mm.

So my guess is it's 28mm in the centre.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's late here so can't go and check but I have a quadlock handlebar mount fitted there and it fits perfectly with the slim rubber fitment piece. Quadlock say:
  • Fits handlebar sizes ⅞” (22mm), 1” (25mm), 1-⅛” (28mm)
... and according to this site it's tapered from 28mm down to 22mm.

So my guess is it's 28mm in the centre.
Thanks for the reply - and for the link.... well worth reading!!
All the 'normal' mounts seem rather large so I'm making a 'minimalist' one that clamps with a "U" bolt. If it works out ok I'll post some picks and a CAD drawing!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for the reply - and for the link.... well worth reading!!
All the 'normal' mounts seem rather large so I'm making a 'minimalist' one that clamps with a "U" bolt. If it works out ok I'll post some picks and a CAD drawing!!
Sounds like a plan!

You can see the Quadlock mount I used for my phone in that position in my HOW TO: Add power outlets post - you can just see the thinnest rubber bar spacer under the clamp in slide 3.

I removed the extension arm from the Quadlock so it's just the bar mount and top piece - fits nicely and is low profile to just clear the risers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a look at the KTM PP GPS mount plate - Very tidy!.
Yeah - thanks for that. Looks a nice neat mount but doesn't allow you to change the viewing angle...
So I made the one in the attached pics. Unfortunately, as my Duke isn't due until 1st Sept, I've had to photograph the mount on my Tiger 800.....
I've included a drawing if anyone else wants to make one!!!
Metal
Technology Electronic device
Electronics Gadget Technology Electronic device Smartphone
Vehicle Technology Electronic device Gadget Auto part
Auto part Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Brake Tire

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts