KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of being labelled a heretic (oh and I am :devil:).

Hand protection. I don't mean those bar-end lever protectors. I mean protectors for my dainty pinkies when 'tis cold and damp. Yes 'tis cold and damp this morning.:sad:

KTM after all do make a fair number of off roaders. Maybe the ones from the 790 Adventure?

Has anybody done anything similar? - if so be interested to know what you went with.

I use Barkbuster Blizzard on my R3 fitted over Acerbis DualRoad. Excessive? - maybe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fitted Powerbronze handguards to mine. Look okay & I have been out in heavy rain, & they do help with wind & rain.

My local dealer (Gear 4) took photos as other riders had been asking about them.

The 790 Adv guards don’t fit the Duke.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got Sw-Motech Kobras https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/images/hpr_00_220_23100_b_1_xl.jpg I think they look really cool. They can be upgraded to have indicators in them, and there are 2 versions for mounting. Since I got bar-end mirrors, I had to get the ones mounted from near the mirror.
Be warned - the right hand side one can impede the standard break lever. Not sure if bar-end mounted version would have the same problem or not.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I am going to see if my local KTM place (which is really an OFF ROAD dealer) has anything. tbh I rather like these KTM ones

Not expensive either.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they fit - No idea (yet). I'll be going to collect some stuff I ordered from the local dealer later today - So I'll ask them.
Sadly - they do not fit. They foul the brake hose and maybe the adjustment knob. Dealer dug a set out and offered them up to a 790 in stock. They also looked at what KTM has in the pipeline - Nothing. Time to get "inventive".

·
Registered
197 Posts
I fitted SWMotech Kobra handguards straight away from getting the bike. They are easy to fit with no cable issues.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I fitted SWMotech Kobra handguards straight away from getting the bike. They are easy to fit with no cable issues.
Trying to avoid "single bolt" solutions.

The dealer I use is really an off road place - so they are trying every set of 2 point guards they can find on their demo 790D. I'm lucky to be close to Spains longest standing KTM dealer. And they still have that old-fashioned way about them. The old fella there who's really the boss has decided to take this as a challenge. :grin:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well this AM I was bored, and SWMBO was still sleeping: so I whipped an Acerbis off the Rocket to see how it'd look.
OK really. Yeah I know it's all messy.

I'd do a road test but I messed up one of the original Acerbis bar inserts years ago - and one sided would be odd. The Acerbis bar inserts are quite heavy being steel/brass. But if I go "single point fixing" I'll machine up something heaver to mate with the KTM inner weights.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts