KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some handguards to keep the 100 mph bugs from busting my knuckles. Plus keeping my hands warmer in cold temps.

Curious if anyone has tried these?

Open to suggestions too.

Don't want some giant honkers or thong bikini thin stuff either.

Looking for hand guards just like Goldie locks described in the 3 bears house..."This one is just right."

Thanks fellas

Cheers.

Registered
2 Point mounting guards are really awkward on the 790D. See if you can find a local dealer where you can try before buying.

My local KTM dealer is primarily and OFF ROAD dealer. The boss (now in his '70's and who likes a challenge) dug every single off road guard they stock ( KTM and Acerbis ) out of stock and tried to find one that fits. Nothing except the Acerbis Dual Road options which go into the bar end. We did not try the X-Factor.

If the primary aim is bugs/water then I suggest looking at the Barkbuster Blizzard (or BBZ).

I have used these (not on the KTM) at 90mph plus in a sleet storm across half of Spain and in summer gloves. Gloves were barely damp and not cold.

They are, I admit, different looking. There is suggestion that "Barkbuster style" 2 point alloy frames can be made to fit, but I have yet to see any close up.
The BBZ are designed to work with or without, They will work as well over Acerbis Dual Road (This I do on the big Triumph) - it adds a bit of rigidity but not at all necessary.

Registered
I've mates doing daily winter work using cheapies like these on Amazon.

The BBZ are IMO a better bet as the protection comes back behind the rides side of the handlebar axis.

Registered
@Hawkerjet I fitted a pair of SW Motech KOBRA guards - I like them and think the angular style matches the look of the Duke.

There are some photos of them on my bike in this post - these are with the extension shells (upper section) fitted to make them a little larger for better cold protection.

Registered
Also have the sw motech Kobra guards. Single point mounting so work well with my powerparts bar end mirrors. Extremely effective and sturdy at high speeds

Registered
Not going to win any beauty contests but these are very greatly useful. I got a pair on Advrider new in box from a fellow inmate there. PITA to install but they do have a nice on/off switch and they only use 8 amps for the round LEDs in both. At night it really widens and furthers the range ahead in terms of vision. Acerbis Vision handguards.
Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fender
Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive design Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Motorcycle Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Fuel tank

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow what a setup. With the windshield and guards you just about got a full faired machine.

Would make a Gold Wing proud.;)

I would imagine the wind protection is fantastic.

Thanks for sharing.

Registered
Look like KTM P/N掳 6350297900030

Especially happy as I have the same screen

And I AM JEALOUS of those tool chests.

Super Moderator
The Duke looks perfect. There is very little you can do to it that would not take away from this. Although I am a pretty practical guys, I left it without a screen, hand guards, etc. It is just beautiful as is.

I do get the point, though. Have hand guards on other bikes and they work great. Also keep your hands a little warmer during cold days.

Some nice options in this thread. Not sure that anything will work well with bar-end mounted mirrors (which I use).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts