KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new owner of the 790 Duke, Black.

I'm looking to upgrade the useless horn. If anyone has already upgraded their horn, please let me know which horn and how did you installed it.

I'm also looking for a graphics kit for the Duke.

I was riding to work this morning, and the "Ice on the road " warning came on. What the heck was that all about.

I'm looking for fellow 790 riders in the Sacramento area to ride with..

·
a d m i n .
151,000 Posts
Hiya Vu... Welcome!
Plenty here from your part of Cali.
The ice symbol means tread wt caution . :nerd:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The new owner of the 790 Duke, Black.

I'm looking to upgrade the useless horn. If anyone has already upgraded their horn, please let me know which horn and how did you installed it.

I'm also looking for a graphics kit for the Duke.

I was riding to work this morning, and the "Ice on the road " warning came on. What the heck was that all about.

I'm looking for fellow 790 riders in the Sacramento area to ride with..
I managed to zip tie the Denali soundbomb split in the stock horn location with the compressor under the seat. Had to upgrade to a lithium battery to make space under the seat, but it all works great!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome! I have some family out that way (but have never been to cali).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here’s the quick rundown of the install as well as some quick pics! Didn’t document everything perfectly.

first step was to get a lithium battery! It’s longest measurement is the same as the width on the stock battery, and it’s started the bike every time for a month. Swapped that out so there’d be space under the seat for the compressor! Literally carved some styrofoam for a compressor mount and to fill up the rest of the space the stock battery was in.

7220EC95-AC14-405A-A4D3-5E0F82B79A69.jpeg

There’s two things you gotta run through the frame: a wire to The stock horn plug that’ll run the Relay, and the air hose that’ll run the business end! Took the wire down the frame by going out the left side of the under-seat compartment. Literally follow the wired headed that way already. For the air line I managed to find a gap under the airbox on the right side of the bike. Just stabbed around with a length of weed-whacker line until I strung it through, then just taped the air hose to the line and teased it through!

958B7A19-E713-4C24-8319-1229B7FCA665.jpeg

C303EC86-BFB6-4949-90F3-27B04C9538D5.jpeg

Mounting the actual horn was tricky, but it’ll juuuuust fit under the fairing in the stock horn location. It probably pushes the fairing out 1/4” but you can’t tell by looking. Used some foam/rubber tape to soften all the spots the horn wouLd contact the frame and zip tied it in two directions. Been about a month and it hasn’t gone anywhere yet!

0F346324-D3FA-4A97-ABE8-241B6349186C.jpeg
CEC36E63-372E-4D76-BC6C-E7FAF336201E.jpeg
31EB18B9-64A8-42AC-A983-21BA1CA23E5F.jpeg

the one thing I haven’t done that I want to do is to cut out all the extra wire the Denali kit comes with but you don’t end up needing. There’s probably 6 feet of extra wire spooled up under the seat right now. it was tough packing it against the air box, but it works so I haven’t fixed it yet 😂😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts