KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
2 months and 2500 miles on a 2020 790 Duke slowly being modified.
Welcome aboard.

I Love the San Diego area. I used to live in O'side. Where abouts are you at?

Good looking 790. I have the same one. Picked it up on Halloween day and now have right at 3000 miles/smiles on it.

That is a really cool looking tail bag. What is it?

MotoGP Moderator
Welcome fellow Duker. keep enjoying your new ride and the mods, present and future!

Reactions: Eon790duke

Registered
2020 790 Duke
They look like the KTM bar end mirrors. I have the same, installed below the bars.
Lovely house and landscape. What part of the country are you at?

Also what does your moniker "QCS" stand for. Anything like Quick, Confident, and Speedy???? ;)

Registered
2020 790 Duke, 2006 SV 650, 2008 Hot rodded KLR, 1991 Honda Hawk NT 650
Discussion Starter #9
Well, hello everybody.
The mirrors are indeed the way overpriced KTM units. They are a bit too big for my taste but they work great. The tail bag is also a KTM item and it also works great. Fairly spacious but not too tall. Other mods so far, the KTM "touring" windscreen, front and rear fender, extenders by Pyramid, Puig chin fairing, tank pads and a few anodized orange bling bits.
I live in the Clairemont area of San Diego but you will find me up on Palomar mountain most every Sunday.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Well, hello everybody.
The mirrors are indeed the way overpriced KTM units. They are a bit too big for my taste but they work great. The tail bag is also a KTM item and it also works great. Fairly spacious but not too tall. Other mods so far, the KTM "touring" windscreen, front and rear fender, extenders by Pyramid, Puig chin fairing, tank pads and a few anodized orange bling bits.
I live in the Clairemont area of San Diego but you will find me up on Palomar mountain most every Sunday.
Also got the Exitometer crash bobbins and a Chinese radiator guard (at a third of the cost of the Evotech part it was worth returning it once). Next on deck is a set of Conti Sport Attack tires and the Power Booster after that. The list grows as time goes on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome fellow Duker. keep enjoying your new ride and the mods, present and future!
I also moved the handlebar to the forward position and trained/cleaned up cables and wires the best I could and changed the clamp bolts. Removed passenger pegs and grabrail. Also removed stickers off the frame.

Attachments

MotoGP Moderator
Lovely house and landscape. What part of the country are you at?

Also what does your moniker "QCS" stand for. Anything like Quick, Confident, and Speedy???? ;)
Thanks. Just out of Charlotte, NC.

QCS might be what you suggested... but is stands for Quick Change System. As in my Nico Bakker QCS CBR1000. Some details here, here and here.

I own the Honda prototype. A "serial" bike was later built using an FZR100 engine

[Bakker]_1.jpg
[Bakker]_3.jpg
[Bakker]_4.jpg

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Well, hello everybody.
I used to surf with a guy from Clairmont.

Good o'l Palomar. Burned up a few tires up there.

We did a big group ride in 2015. We all met up at Chris Dolan's place at the base of the mountain. You probably have seen him on the mountain. He has well over 100 bikes and makes a lot of video rides up and down the mountain. He was riding a tricked out FZ07 with a Ducati front end installed. Great guy and really good rider.

Registered
Well, hello everybody.
I grew up in Clairemont. Graduated from Clairemont HS 1975.

Registered
Thanks. Just out of Charlotte, NC.

QCS might be what you suggested... but is stands for Quick Change System. As in my Nico Bakker QCS CBR1000. Some details here, here and here.

I own the Honda prototype. A "serial" bike was later built using an FZR100 engine
That is a rare bit of 鈥漊nobtainium鈥! Very cool bike, the concept of the single sided swing arm front and rear was to rapidly change wheels out for endurance races?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I used to surf with a guy from Clairmont.

Good o'l Palomar. Burned up a few tires up there.

We did a big group ride in 2015. We all met up at Chris Dolan's place at the base of the mountain. You probably have seen him on the mountain. He has well over 100 bikes and makes a lot of video rides up and down the mountain. He was riding a tricked out FZ07 with a Ducati front end installed. Great guy and really good rider.

I know Chris. See him just about every weekend. And yes, the south grade is a good place to spend a good set of tires.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I know Chris. See him just about every weekend. And yes, the south grade is a good place to spend a good set of tires.
Saw Chris this afternoon on a racing MV Augusta. Beautiful day up on Palomar mountain.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome aboard.

I Love the San Diego area. I used to live in O'side. Where abouts are you at?

Good looking 790. I have the same one. Picked it up on Halloween day and now have right at 3000 miles/smiles on it.

That is a really cool looking tail bag. What is it?

Attachments

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Kinda figured you might know him. Great guy. I put together a group ride with a bunch of guys on the FZ09 forum back when I rode an FZ.

Our first stop was at Chris's house since he invited all us to meet there. He was very gracious and gave us a tour of the 20 or so bikes he had at his house. Then we all hopped on the bikes and zoomed up the front side and down the back side. Chris followed our pack up the mountain with his helmet cam running. He weaved his way thru all us so everyone could be a star for a day...Lol.

He had planned to do the rest of the ride with us but he was not feeling well. Even so he was kind enough to film us and then email us the result.

Next time you see him please be sure to remind him of this story and tell him Tim Tomlinson (Hawkerjet) says hi.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts