KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Yes, you are reading correctly: based in New Delhi, I'm french (nobody's perfect) and currently own a small Duke 390 which is perfect for my level during the few track days I can join when not travelling.

Sportbike position ain't my cup of tea (own several in past and never felt confortable), was eyeing on a Street Triple RS but had already 2 crash in past with Triumph 675, so promised myself I cannot own a Triumph anymore.
Choice being limited by high import duty tax in India, the launch of the 790 a month back was spot on my check list.

I just ordered a Duke 790 2 weeks back and now awaiting the registration done to pick it up from the dealer.
I will still be passed at lightning speed on the track by the Panigale V4, ZX6R and GSXR1000 ... but will hope to have fun on my own.

I hope to find a good spirit here, learn about the 790, about track riding with it, settings, what can be done on it, and have a good laugh.

cheers

·
Registered
439 Posts
Welcome to the club! Seems like owning a motorcycle is pretty much required to get around in Indian cities, no?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Ive been told i'm the first 790 customer in India (After Dino Morea) ofcourse. Bike is good. Awaiting a fix on a clunky first gear. Let me know if y'all notice that too. Thanks.

Mrigendra Mainkar

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome, KTM seem to be a popular choice in that part of the world.

·
Super-Member
632 Posts
Wow a 2 for 1 thread!! Welcome guys. You came to the right place!! Got a great group of people here who collectively have a ton of knowledge and experience. I am sure you will find what you are looking for here. Good to have both of you and congrats on the new purchases!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a ton guys !
Yes, many KTMs in India since... Bajaj owns KTM almost in a way, and 125 to 390s are manufactured there.
So unbeatable performane to price value.

Now 790 being a CKD, makes it more at par with its European siblings ... but still a naked mid weight is a rare find here so here we go !

No registration yet finalized so just waiting for the bike to be ready for it’s first ride

·
a d m i n .
151,056 Posts
Thanks a ton guys !
Yes, many KTMs in India since... Bajaj owns KTM almost in a way, and 125 to 390s are manufactured there.
So unbeatable performane to price value.

Now 790 being a CKD, makes it more at par with its European siblings ... but still a naked mid weight is a rare find here so here we go !

No registration yet finalized so just waiting for the bike to be ready for it’s first ride
What is a 'CKD'?

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is a 'CKD'?
it's when all the necessary parts for a Duke 790 are made in Austria (or elsewhere), then shipped over to India for the final assembly.

CKD stands for Completely Knocked Down, and is a common practice in automotive industry.

·
a d m i n .
151,056 Posts
it's when all the necessary parts for a Duke 790 are made in Austria (or elsewhere), then shipped over to India for the final assembly.

CKD stands for Completely Knocked Down, and is a common practice in automotive industry.
I'm familiar with the method, but not the terminology.

Learn something new everyday. :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my painful experience of purchasing a Duke 790 from KTM Dwaraka a dealer in Delhi who sold me a BS4 Duke 790 back in March 2020 for unbelievable discount however it is now 15-Aug and the bike is still not delivered to me ! Reason : There was a supreme court stay order on BS4 vehicle registration hence the dealer kept telling me the wait till the court decide on it despite me asking them to cancel my deal and give me the full refund..whats more they have gone ahead and paid the full amount to Delhi RTO and also the insurance premium for this bike before it was registered in my name. It is now 15-Aug and SC has given its decision of not allow BS4 vehicle registration anymore however the dealer is still silent and have no information on my refund. This is pure robbery and cheating on their part. I would strongly recommend some one in this forum to take some action against KTM Dwarka dealer for this misconduct, if you can help help me then please contact me on [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts