KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

Yes, you are reading correctly: based in New Delhi, I'm french (nobody's perfect) and currently own a small Duke 390 which is perfect for my level during the few track days I can join when not travelling.

Sportbike position ain't my cup of tea (own several in past and never felt confortable), was eyeing on a Street Triple RS but had already 2 crash in past with Triumph 675, so promised myself I cannot own a Triumph anymore.
Choice being limited by high import duty tax in India, the launch of the 790 a month back was spot on my check list.

I just ordered a Duke 790 2 weeks back and now awaiting the registration done to pick it up from the dealer.
I will still be passed at lightning speed on the track by the Panigale V4, ZX6R and GSXR1000 ... but will hope to have fun on my own.

I hope to find a good spirit here, learn about the 790, about track riding with it, settings, what can be done on it, and have a good laugh.

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Ive been told i'm the first 790 customer in India (After Dino Morea) ofcourse. Bike is good. Awaiting a fix on a clunky first gear. Let me know if y'all notice that too. Thanks.

Mrigendra Mainkar

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Wow a 2 for 1 thread!! Welcome guys. You came to the right place!! Got a great group of people here who collectively have a ton of knowledge and experience. I am sure you will find what you are looking for here. Good to have both of you and congrats on the new purchases!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a ton guys !
Yes, many KTMs in India since... Bajaj owns KTM almost in a way, and 125 to 390s are manufactured there.
So unbeatable performane to price value.

Now 790 being a CKD, makes it more at par with its European siblings ... but still a naked mid weight is a rare find here so here we go !

No registration yet finalized so just waiting for the bike to be ready for it’s first ride

·
A d m i n .
151,127 Posts
Thanks a ton guys !
Yes, many KTMs in India since... Bajaj owns KTM almost in a way, and 125 to 390s are manufactured there.
So unbeatable performane to price value.

Now 790 being a CKD, makes it more at par with its European siblings ... but still a naked mid weight is a rare find here so here we go !

No registration yet finalized so just waiting for the bike to be ready for it’s first ride
What is a 'CKD'?

·
Registered
14 Posts
What is a 'CKD'?
it's when all the necessary parts for a Duke 790 are made in Austria (or elsewhere), then shipped over to India for the final assembly.

CKD stands for Completely Knocked Down, and is a common practice in automotive industry.

·
A d m i n .
151,127 Posts
it's when all the necessary parts for a Duke 790 are made in Austria (or elsewhere), then shipped over to India for the final assembly.

CKD stands for Completely Knocked Down, and is a common practice in automotive industry.
I'm familiar with the method, but not the terminology.

Learn something new everyday. :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts