KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been considering a 790 duke for the last month and today I finally made my way to the dealer. Appears that I'm now the owner of a black 2019 duke. Bike should be ready for pick up tomorrow ....but of course the weather is predicting possible snow overnight.

I bought my 1090R from the same dealer and oddly I also ended up riding it home in the snow. Go figure

Anyway, glad to have found this forum.

Cheers!

·
A d m i n .
151,125 Posts
I've been considering a 790 duke for the last month and today I finally made my way to the dealer. Appears that I'm now the owner of a black 2019 duke. Bike should be ready for pick up tomorrow ....but of course the weather is predicting possible snow overnight.

I bought my 1090R from the same dealer and oddly I also ended up riding it home in the snow. Go figure

Anyway, glad to have found this forum.

Cheers!

Congrats & welcome to our Group of 790D’s!
Bunch here from BC including one of our esteemed super mod.
I’ve ridden new motos home in the rain, but never in the snow! :grin:

·
Super-Moderator
427 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Your online handle sounds familiar - we may have crossed paths on other local forums I'm guessing.

I'm in Victoria, got mine from Action. Newbusa is a Qualicom guy - Spunkys takes care of him up there.

Where'd you get yours? Terry at Action or JD at Spunkys?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’ve ridden new motos home in the rain, but never in the snow!
Welcome, you can get info on just about everything for your moto here.
JD come to Quebec, it snow almost every other day all winter long in this area.
Look at something familiar for me ...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum!

Your online handle sounds familiar - we may have crossed paths on other local forums I'm guessing.

I'm in Victoria, got mine from Action. Newbusa is a Qualicom guy - Spunkys takes care of him up there.

Where'd you get yours? Terry at Action or JD at Spunkys?
Bike is coming from Spunky's ..I've had some odd dealings with Action and they didn't appear to have any nineteens so it made the choice even easier. I've had this online username for a long time and on far to many forums... the old islandriders.ca perhaps?

·
Super-Moderator
427 Posts
Bike is coming from Spunky's ..I've had some odd dealings with Action and they didn't appear to have any nineteens so it made the choice even easier. I've had this online username for a long time and on far to many forums... the old islandriders.ca perhaps?
Can't beat the discounts on '19's - $9800 is a crazy price for them right now! Congrats again!

Yes - likely Islandriders.ca - I was the forum admin the last year it was operational but a member for the entire span it was online. Not for the faint of heart sometimes, a good thing it's no longer around. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up at $12,250 and change out the door for the bike. I couldn't see paying close to an extra $2k OTD on a 2020 for orange rims :) .Maybe not the best deal ever but I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well... no snow was a plus but 4-6 Celsius in a torrential down poor made for a less than stellar first ride. Anyway the bike is home and from what I can tell so far, it's going to be a great addition.

First order of business...after getting feeling back into my hands,was to give it a wash and clean off all the road grime

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts