KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Some nice looking graphics in this thread. I don't have any experience with applying graphic stickers. How easy/difficult is it?

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Yea I’m waiting for someone to make graphics like those available in the US and it will be in the mail!! I like the white, but really i have like 4 favorites!!

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Some nice looking graphics in this thread. I don't have any experience with applying graphic stickers. How easy/difficult is it?
I never have either, but I may pull the trigger on a kit soon and have it sent to a friend in the UK. Then he can forward it to me.

If I do, I’ll let you know about how tough it is.

·
A d m i n .
151,140 Posts
I never have either, but I may pull the trigger on a kit soon and have it sent to a friend in the UK. Then he can forward it to me.

If I do, I’ll let you know about how tough it is.
I'm most likely doing the same, have a good ex-racing bud, who has an old fam place in Italy, said he could relay it from there to the States.

Clint Eastwood once said, "A Man's got to know his limitations", I know mine. Putting on decals, wrapping my 790D? Not in the cards. I'd much rather pay someone from a bodyshop or sign shop/car wrap shop to install mine. :grin:

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A friend told me last week that lots of wrapping shops won’t touch bikes. Too hard and too much work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not from personal experience but some of the guys here in the uk that have had a go themselves have taken up to 8 hours to apply the motoproworks kit.

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not from personal experience but some of the guys here in the uk that have had a go themselves have taken up to 8 hours to apply the motoproworks kit.
Wow. Maybe I’ll look around for a pro...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow. Maybe I’ll look around for a pro...
Once you get a hang of it it’s really not that hard. Just follow few simple steps-> and with a little bit of patience it’s definitely worth it!

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Are they actual wraps needing a heat gun to apply or are they decals? I thought decals and the hardest part would be aligning them and sticking them without having air bubbles.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've always applied decals and stickers with water and a few drops of dish soap. Applied the solution to the sticker and panel. Let's you slide it around until it's perfect, squeegee out the excess water and bubbles and once it's dried, it's good. Used this method on stand-up jet skis that have been ridden and flipped upside down tons of times in the surf and saltwater and have never had a sticker peel.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How much water to go with those drops of soap?
I use about 8 ounces of water per drop in whatever low tupperware pan I can steal from the kitchen. Of course this depends on the size of the decal. For something larger, I would use a cookie sheet to lay the decal in and add another drop or two of soap. The idea is to get a little bit of slickness to the water without getting everything super bubbly although to be honest, I've yet to use too much.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
I've always applied decals and stickers with water and a few drops of dish soap. Applied the solution to the sticker and panel. Let's you slide it around until it's perfect, squeegee out the excess water and bubbles and once it's dried, it's good. Used this method on stand-up jet skis that have been ridden and flipped upside down tons of times in the surf and saltwater and have never had a sticker peel.
I've installed window tint on almost every vehicle I have owned and use this method as well. It works perfectly. I actually never thought to use on decals also. Two thumbs up DJ!

I have never used the flat pan method, rather I put a small squirt of dish soap and the water in a spray bottle and go that route. Works really well if you spray the area to be applied, and spray the back of the decal/sticker as you pull it away from the backing (sometimes its difficult).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've installed window tint on almost every vehicle I have owned and use this method as well. It works perfectly. I actually never thought to use on decals also. Two thumbs up DJ!

I have never used the flat pan method, rather I put a small squirt of dish soap and the water in a spray bottle and go that route. Works really well if you spray the area to be applied, and spray the back of the decal/sticker as you pull it away from the backing (sometimes its difficult).
Spray bottle is a great alternative as well. I just never seem to have a clean one around :smile:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts