KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a screw in my rear tire, the pressure is down by about half.

Anyone had any good experience with tire repair kits? Obviously can't get it up to a shop to get it repaired/replaced at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've always had good luck with temp plugs but if you plan on not changing tyres soon it might be worth getting a proper internal mushroom plug

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response guys. I've ordered a temporary rope plug repair kit and some motul tire repair spray (inflates and coats the inside with a latex layer) and I'll just watch it carefully untill I can get the bike in for its first service update and I'll get the rear replaced.

Luckily I don't really need to ride at the moment, it just makes going to the shops a bit quicker/more fun.

Stay safe everyone, we'll be riding again properly in no time :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I wouldn't use the internal spray. Just use the the rope plug, they work amazing well and last. I once put 2 rope plugs in a 15mm cut slice (sharp crushed rock) had to use 2 air canisters to get the plugs in, then only had 3 left (got 14psi) road slowly for 30kms to a remote country pub where i borrowed his compressed and filled to 30psi, didn't want to over pressurise it. did 260kms to home on it. luckily it was a 3/4 worn tire. after removing the wheel i pumped it up to 40 psi and the plug still held. They work bloody well, I've had a total of 4 punters repaired this way, but that was the worst. PS if you carry a puncture kit you will need 6 canisters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts