KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mounted my GoPro to my bars, off to the left on the riser portion prior to the bars angling back. This allowed me to angle the camera straight ahead and level with the bike. I didn't put it in the middle since it would block my view of the display. Where it is mounted now though, all I pick up soundwise is the engine noise. Additionally, I have the blinker in the picture also.

I have been seeing different videos of cameras mounted in all sorts of locations. One video I saw looked like it was mounted to the rear peg bars. I may have to try this.

Where do you guys mount your camera to? Thoughts for other locations? I already have a helmet mount and a chest mount. I do like it on the bike though.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mounted mine in the middle with a RAM mount and it doesn't block my view of the display. I just realized that it may be a problem when doing a track day and in full tuck though. Hmmm.... will have to think on this:
https://ibb.co/WvZFxGg

Wow that's high! Yea I can see that right in your face when in a tuck. Does it still capture the speedo?

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it captures the entire speedo. Just needs to be angled down slightly.
One day when I have some time I may try mounting it to the passenger bars or somewhere else just to see the view. I had a hard time trying to get it in the spot I have it in now with the wiring and the bar clearance. To be honest, I am not really thrilled with the video from this angle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
3 x Sony's action cams. Helmet side mount, left side handlebar facing me and one on the rear pillion seat cover facing the rear. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts