KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted one of these 15Litre tank bags with the Ringlock system. Can you still turn the bars and see the clocks? Probably only if you stand on the pegs? Just thinking of a Euro 'tour' next year if COVID hasn't finished us all off. Last time I did Picos mountains I took just a Kriega R25 and 10Litre tailpack. Ok but a bit painful after a long twisty 200 mile ride one day between hotels.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is the one I have on my 790
It's definitely a Givi and it's 15litre capacity and uses the Tanklock mechanism.
Fits fine, you can still see the clocks (I'm 5'10") - the only issue I have is that I use my phone as a satnav on a Quadlock mount and the bag obscures part of the screen. I need to get an additional RAM mount to extend it more.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes isn't the weather it crap. I'm dying for a ride, next Tues to Friday looks good but it depends on what those Yanks send over this weekend ...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, I have the XS307 15L bag on mine, I'm 5'7 and definately no problem seeing the dash, but as MIng says it does obscure sat navs and phones unless you have quite a high mount.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, I'll buy one, the ring looks crap so I may just fit for the trip and take it back off.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Vehicle Auto part Car Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Metal

It goes on easier if the bars are straight. Just touches the bar on full lock but doesn't prevent full lock being applied. If you haven't got a screen it helps with the windblast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.