KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIVI MT505 Tank Bag (SOLD)

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Gotj 
#1 ·
This is a lightly used tank bag that can also be mounted on the SW-MOTECH passenger seat replacement. It requires a Givi BF37 tank ring, about $19 from Twisted Throttle. My pictures show the bag fully compressd and fully expanded. One nice feature is the space between the inner liner and the hard shell. It is large enough to store the rain cover and safety/shoulder strap as shown in the third picture.

I'm asking $60 plus actual shipping from Knoxville, TN. I'm selling because I couldn't get used to it shielding my GPS that is mounted to the KTM GPS mount.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#7 ·
Colombo-

I like having a dedicated GPS device as it does that job well but, it can also do on-bike audio (audio files on memory card which also frees up valuable storage on phone) and phone calls (as an interface).

Where I live it gets VERY hot during the day and my phone will typically overheat (and shut off) when mounted on the bike (plugged in especially). I do field work and rely on my phone extensively, so I like keeping it for work and have the dedicated GPS for the other duties.

Plus I just like dedicated GPS devices, I feel they are a good value add for what they were designed for (especially if your a tech geek like myself). :)

#8 ·
Colombo-

I like having a dedicated GPS device as it does that job well but, it can also do on-bike audio (audio files on memory card which also frees up valuable storage on phone) and phone calls (as an interface).

Where I live it gets VERY hot during the day and my phone will typically overheat (and shut off) when mounted on the bike (plugged in especially). I do field work and rely on my phone extensively, so I like keeping it for work and have the dedicated GPS for the other duties.

Plus I just like dedicated GPS devices, I feel they are a good value add for what they were designed for (especially if your a tech geek like myself). :)
All good points, and they're tougher/waterproof/etc., but I just don't get the prices for something that's essentially a single-purpose device:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.