KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
First two photos are with ball of foot on peg like I’m riding straight. Third photo is simulating hanging off in a corner and pivoting on the tip of the peg. Boots are EU43. The heel does rest on the carbon shield of the Wings but it doesn’t protrude or put my foot in a weird position, it just naturally touches lightly the way my foot sits on its own. In the corner there’s a small gap so I don’t think it will hit. I will say for sure once I go for a ride in the race boots, but seems ok.
Thanks so much for posting that!! Your boots look just as bulky as mine and I'm also size 43!

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
684 Posts
View attachment 6993 View attachment 6994

First two photos are with ball of foot on peg like I’m riding straight. Third photo is simulating hanging off in a corner and pivoting on the tip of the peg. Boots are EU43. The heel does rest on the carbon shield of the Wings but it doesn’t protrude or put my foot in a weird position, it just naturally touches lightly the way my foot sits on its own. In the corner there’s a small gap so I don’t think it will hit. I will say for sure once I go for a ride in the race boots, but seems ok.
Thanks. Nice pics.

·
Registered
363 Posts
View attachment 6993 View attachment 6994

That is very informative thank you very much for all the photos.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I low sided in December and the foot peg broke clean off as the bolt failed. The upside is that prevented any bending in the rearsets, but downside of course was that I had no peg at all. I replaced the pegs with the new Gilles pivoting pegs. Like a stock folding peg but stiffer and looks like a fixed peg. And stronger bolts!
Aside from that I love how easy they are to adjust. For mainly track duty I would prefer PP or Woodcraft, but my bike is a road bike so the lower pegs on the Gilles are perfect for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
Well I low sided in December and the foot peg broke clean off as the bolt failed. The upside is that prevented any bending in the rearsets, but downside of course was that I had no peg at all. I replaced the pegs with the new Gilles pivoting pegs. Like a stock folding peg but stiffer and looks like a fixed peg. And stronger bolts!
Aside from that I love how easy they are to adjust. For mainly track duty I would prefer PP or Woodcraft, but my bike is a road bike so the lower pegs on the Gilles are perfect for me.
I ended up with just the Gilles footpegs and not the full rearsets. They have been great!
Thanks for the feedback, gents!

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
260 Posts
It really depends. There is another thread going regarding the subject in general and the rearsets in particular.

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
BTW, did you consider going with the folding pegs?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts