KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super-FastGuy
'18 Duke 690
599 Posts
lol actually they are pretty well priced. Cheaper than the PP rearsets
A friend bought a set for his Honda VFR1200 and they were close to $1200 versus the usual $450-$600 we pay for typical brands like Vortex, Woodcraft, etc... Lovely kit but man - lotta cashola.

·
Registered
92 Posts
great Parts backup by this company. I purchased a bike a while back that had these rear sets and they had some damaged and missing parts. I sent Gilles a email telling them and they sent me replacements shipping paid no questions asked. Great service👍

·
MotoGP Moderator
929 Posts
These are Yummy...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have these sets. What you want to know?
Happy with them? Any issues?

I've had Gilles products before and they have been fantastic. However, there is no local distributor in Australia anymore so I'll be waiting ages for any issue resolution

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very happy - a lot of position to adjust done in very clever way and most important thing all parts are available(which is most important). All elements fits perfectly. But if there is no distributor in your country than maybe it is worth to get something else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Happy with them? Any issues?

I've had Gilles products before and they have been fantastic. However, there is no local distributor in Australia anymore so I'll be waiting ages for any issue resolution
@fredaroony just stumbled upon your post re these Gilles rearsets and take your point re local support. Did you end up opting for another brand? If so, any recommendations?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@fredaroony just stumbled upon your post re these Gilles rearsets and take your point re local support. Did you end up opting for another brand? If so, any recommendations?
I ended up getting just the Gilles footpegs and putting them on the stock rearsets. Gilles RIDER Folding Joints (Required for mounting Gilles footpegs) - Black (Other Colours Available) | Gilles Controls | Footpegs & Rearsets and Gilles Sport Footpegs (Gilles Folding Joints required for fitment) - Black (Other Colours Available) | Gilles Controls | Footpegs & Rearsets but looks like they are out of stock...think I ordered the last pair so would be a special order

Same place in the UK sells the rearsets and has them in stock Gilles VCR38GT2 Adjustable Rearset Kit - Black with Orange Adjusters (Standard or Reverse Shift) | Gilles Controls | Footpegs & Rearsets

Just email them and ask for UPS express shipping. I ordered a steering damper and levers for my GS from these guys last Thursday and they turned up today

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ended up getting just the Gilles footpegs and putting them on the stock rearsets. Gilles RIDER Folding Joints (Required for mounting Gilles footpegs) - Black (Other Colours Available) | Gilles Controls | Footpegs & Rearsets and Gilles Sport Footpegs (Gilles Folding Joints required for fitment) - Black (Other Colours Available) | Gilles Controls | Footpegs & Rearsets but looks like they are out of stock...think I ordered the last pair so would be a special order

Same place in the UK sells the rearsets and has them in stock Gilles VCR38GT2 Adjustable Rearset Kit - Black with Orange Adjusters (Standard or Reverse Shift) | Gilles Controls | Footpegs & Rearsets

Just email them and ask for UPS express shipping. I ordered a steering damper and levers for my GS from these guys last Thursday and they turned up today
@fredaroony thanks for all the info, much appreciated. Out of interest are the Gilles footpegs the same length as the stock ones? I'm hoping to get a little more room on the peg.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very happy - a lot of position to adjust done in very clever way and most important thing all parts are available(which is most important). All elements fits perfectly. But if there is no distributor in your country than maybe it is worth to get something else.
Are you running them in standard or GP shift? Trying to see if anything needs to be done to make the quick shifter work with GP shift before I order these.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you running them in standard or GP shift? Trying to see if anything needs to be done to make the quick shifter work with GP shift before I order these.
I run them in standard shift but they can be used in GP pattern. In fact you can do that also on stock rearset by turning this thing to position like on photo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. Yes after I posted this I tried it with the stock ones and it works great, I like the QS better this way too. I also ordered the Gilles, hopefully will arrive in time for my first track day of the year.

I asked because on older bikes with a sensor on that shift rod you had to choose either “push” or “pull” sensors and wasn’t sure if the up/down software needed calibration to work in reverse. Also the new Aprilia RS660 requires a software update to enable GP shift.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@adamwwa do I need to do anything special to handle the upper mounting bolt? It looks like it’s the swing arm pivot bolt, is there a trick to it? I don’t have them yet, just trying to clear up any surprises before they arrive.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@adamwwa do I need to do anything special to handle the upper mounting bolt? It looks like it’s the swing arm pivot bolt, is there a trick to it? I don’t have them yet, just trying to clear up any surprises before they arrive.
Impact wrench will help a lot! Otherwise, you get one side off and the other side just spins.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So you mean use an impact wrench on both sides to loosen both bolts before you completely take one side off?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts