KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Elvis has LTB
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 14 months ownership I'm trading my 790 in for an MT09. The Duke is a great bike to ride but if things go wrong KTM customer services are a nightmare. 6 weeks wait for an ABS sensor is just ridiculous! You cant phone customer services in the UK and if you email them you just get the standard "very sorry" reply that doesn't help. 2 Bike dealers in my area are now REFUSING to take any KTM's in part exchange due to the issues they've had with obtaining parts. The deposit is going down tomorrow and I will never buy another KTM as long as I live, and being someone who's bought a new bike every 18 months for the last 15 years they've lost a good customer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I must’ve been fortunate, been riding ktm’s Since y2k never had any problems as such.

·
A d m i n .
151,136 Posts
Dep, I’d be pissed off as you are, if I encountered that situation.

Here in the USA, KTM USA has no listed email, and to get someone on the phone is a challenge, so I understand what you’ve gone through. Best of luck wt your new Yammi.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well after 14 months ownership I'm trading my 790 in for an MT09. The Duke is a great bike to ride but if things go wrong KTM customer services are a nightmare. 6 weeks wait for an ABS sensor is just ridiculous! You cant phone customer services in the UK and if you email them you just get the standard "very sorry" reply that doesn't help. 2 Bike dealers in my area are now REFUSING to take any KTM's in part exchange due to the issues they've had with obtaining parts. The deposit is going down tomorrow and I will never buy another KTM as long as I live, and being someone who's bought a new bike every 18 months for the last 15 years they've lost a good customer.
Hi Depster
Sorry to hear about this and understand how you feel. It’s frustrating enough when something goes wrong but to then not have the correct support to fix things is even more so! Beware however, the grass is not always greener on the other side
and whilst I understand your anger at the moment I hope that you will not begrudge and try to forgive and perhaps one
day return to your Orange family again.:smile_big:
Btw, Had an MT09 and they’re great fun too, not so different from the 790 so I’m sure you’ll get along fine.
Bonne Route!
B

·
Super-Member
606 Posts

I can't fault you at all! You gave her a good run, but being burned like that I can see how I would be POed also and denounce KTM. I am a Yammi lover times over, so i'm giving you 2 thumbs up on that choice!! Good luck brother! Stop in and let us know how you find the MT09 compared to the 790 (from what you remember were the good times on it). I am very interested to hear your views on both once you get the new bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts