KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had the bike at the dealer for diagnostics and first service. I just rode the bike for the first time since the service. The Gear Indicator Numbers are no longer there. It will show Neutral but that is it. Not showing what gear you're in while riding. Any ideas? I went through all settings menus and see nothing to activate or deactivate this function. Is this a dealer programming issue only?

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
A part of the first service is "Program shift shaft sensor". Dealer must have done something wrong. As advised above, back to dealer.

Reactions: JNewby23

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine was being super finicky during the shifter re-learn. It finally took on the 6th attempt, it's been good since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same thing happened to me after first service. Done a U turn and headed back to the dealer and they sorted it in like ten minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems this happens when they flash the ECU then reload the programs out of order. Just happened to me. It, unfortunately, was not a quick 10 minute fix. Not sure why, but they couldn't get the indicator to come back so have to call KTM tech support on Tuesday. Hope to update this after I get it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts