KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Raindog, could you let us know have much of a difference it has made ???

Thanks for the info, seems to be a good and easy weight saving on the front wheel.

Reactions: J D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Weight savings: anyone measured?

I wonder how much can be saved at low/no cost with easily reversible mods.
Did anyone check the saving from the following?
1) removing passenger pegs
2) removing rear lights cluster (track only)

There are other low hanging fruits for track bearing in mind I need to be back to street legal at the end of the day to ride back home?

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
Tomorrow.

Today was Evotech Tail Tidy and Rizoma signals.
That's neat about the 'LED Mode', that was brought up in another thread.

Perhaps you noticed the two different Galfer brake rotors available? I saw an oversized set the other day.

·
VIP member
472 Posts
That's neat about the 'LED Mode', that was brought up in another thread.

Perhaps you noticed the two different Galfer brake rotors available? I saw an oversized set the other day.
I have the standard-sized rotors, not the 320mm ones. Rottweiler selling the over-sized ones, I think.

Oh, and credit where credit is due, I learned about LED mode in the other thread.

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
I have the standard-sized rotors, not the 320mm ones. Rottweiler selling the over-sized ones, I think.

Oh, and credit where credit is due, I learned about LED mode in the other thread.

Yes, those are the ones, I saw them on Rotty's site.

Same about the LED mode, great find, and right here, no less. :nerd:

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
This is some significant weight reduction. Over 3 lbs off the front wheel.

What are the riding impressions?

·
VIP member
472 Posts
Here’s what I got today. Not as much weight savings with the rear disc. No time to ride, today. Maybe tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Impressive weight savings. Please let us know how it rides. Very curious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly it's difficult to say as it rained for about a week so there was a bit of lag between rides. The brakes do feel a bit stronger and tip-in is extraordinary but it was always very good.

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Thanks.

Honestly it's difficult to say as it rained for about a week so there was a bit of lag between rides. The brakes do feel a bit stronger and tip-in is extraordinary but it was always very good.
Indeed, tough to improve on very good. It is pretty amazing what KTM managed to achieve on a bike with relatively many "budget" components (at least suspension and brakes).

·
VIP member
472 Posts
I’ve only ridden with the new discs around town with a short shakedown run on the freeway. They feel stronger, particularly in a maximum braking scenario. I also like the feel. They sing more than the stockers. (You know, the zzzzzzz sound they make when you apply them hard, but that could be that they are still mating to the pads.)

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
I’ve only ridden with the new discs around town with a short shakedown run on the freeway. They feel stronger, particularly in a maximum braking scenario. I also like the feel. They sing more than the stockers. (You know, the zzzzzzz sound they make when you apply them hard, but that could be that they are still mating to the pads.)
Yea, I too love the sintered ‘buzzz’ sound. :smile_big:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts