KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a forward handle rear stand? Pitbull makes one and I’ve never been comfortable with balancing the bike with one hand on the rear.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I use an ABBA stand with a forward handle. I can either use it as a rear wheel lift only or with a couple of extension bars, I can get both wheels up at the same time. I bought it for my previous bike, a GSX-S 1000 and the lifting point is the swingarm pivot. The downside with the 790 is that you can't use the "standard" method of chain tensioning but I've got a workaround. If I hadn't already got it, I'd have probably bought front and rear axle stands but very happy to keep it because it's so stable and handy for maintenance.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the pitbull forward handle rear stand. No complaints at all, and I expect it to last forever

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another option is a Bursig stand. It lifts from the frame/engine bolt holes, with a couple sleeves. Gets both wheels off the ground and has casters on it so it's easy to move around the garage. I finally got one for the Duke and I wish I had bought one years ago for the other bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts