KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duke 790/890 waterpump protector. Brand new, in the box (hit a deer and totaled the bike before I had a chance to mount it). Typical Woodcraft quality; CNC machined billet aluminum - strong and lightweight. Unlike some other protectors, it also leaves the drain plug accessible.

Black with black replaceable skid plate. Purchased new from Rottweiler Performance for $160.

Asking $100/shipped to lower 48.

Located in NYC.

·
Registered
2020 KTM 890 Duke R
4 Posts
Sent you a PM

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
210 Posts
I use this to protect my home and that includes my water pump. ;)

glock-19-resting-on-wooden-table-GH2H4A.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I use this to protect my home and that includes my water pump. ;)

Yeah, except dropping your KTM on it’s water pump is much more likely than your fear of the booger man breaking into your home and getting you. Here I’ve lived most of my 50 years in “big bad” Brooklyn, and I’ve done just fine without a gun.

Hate to break it to you, but statistically speaking, owning a gun has actually increased the chances that you or someone in your family will get shot. (Most likely via accidents, mistaken identity, domestic violence, suicide, and so forth…)

I have family in Washington state who hunt, and I have to admit that target shooting is pretty fun - but the idea that gun ownership makes you “safer” is a myth, as counter-intuitive as that may seem to you.

However, my thread is about selling a Woodcraft water pump protector.

So, unless you’re a-buyin’….

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
210 Posts
Yeah, except dropping your KTM on it’s water pump is a much more likely than your fear of the booger man breaking into your home and getting you. Here I’ve lived most of my 50 years in “big bad” Brooklyn, and I’ve done just fine without a gun.

Hate to break it to you, but statistically speaking, owning a gun has actually increased the chances that you or someone in your family will get shot. (Most likely via accidents, mistaken identity, domestic violence, suicide, and so forth…)

I have family in Washington state who hunt, and I have to admit that target shooting is pretty fun - but the idea that gun ownership makes you “safer” is a myth, as counter-intuitive as that may seem to you.

However, my thread is about selling a Woodcraft water pump protector.

So, unless you’re a-buyin’….
My intent was just to inject a little humor. That's all.

Sorry if I struck a nerve.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My intent was just to inject a little humor. That's all.

Sorry if I struck a nerve.
No harm, no foul. If I'm honest, I suppose you did strike a very small nerve. Just a little tired lately of people's fantasies about their guns. Really not directed at you (sorry if I came off as snippy) - more the guys who feel the need to play dress-up soldier at protests, and that kind of thing.

Like I said, target shooting can be surprisingly fun - but for people who think they need an assault rifle with an oversize magazine to "protect themselves".... well, I think throwing a few bucks to a psychiatrist to address the issues of paranoia might be money better spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts